Please

My sister just showed me a newspaper clip of one of her best friends and his family in Egypt last year. She must have found it going through her old things. I didn't really look that close because I was in the middle a essay for school, but I say " wow that's super cool" any way so she will leave me alone and I can get back to the essay.
" you didn't even look" she complained. I look up from my essay. Making a point to look over the picture with wide eyes. They falter when I get to a girl my age next to Hermione's friend, but I quickly recover and repeat my earlier observation. Hermione huffs and leaves my room knowing if she pushes me to far i would probably loose my temper. I try to get back to my essay, but my mind keeps drifting off the picture Of that family in Egypt. For some reason the girls face is stuck in my brain and I want to meet her. I'm going crazy and there is know way that I can get anything done without getting her out of my head so I decide to draw. I end up drawing a character from my favorite anime Boku no hero academia, Kirishima. It takes me a while to  do and by the time I finish the girl from the picture has been effectively pushed out of my head, and I can go back to my essay on evolution. I write and write tell I can find a good place to wrap it up thinking that it is already three pages longer than my science teacher asked for. I write the conclusion leaving my essay at eight and a half page's. I should probably go over the spelling, I just spent 6 hours with a four hour break working on it and I can't sit at my desk for much longer. And even if I wanted to go over my spelling I couldn't have because at that moment my mom yells up the stars that it is time for dinner. I hide the essay in my box of school assignments taking note that I only have one more subject to complete my summer work for and that is math. Then I run downstairs wash my hands and start making myself a taco from the stuff that is put out on the counter then take my plate out to our backyard table and join the rest of my family.
I immediately sense to awkwardness at the table, but decide to ignore it guessing mom and dad had a silly fight over something stupid that neither of them can control. I eat my diner in silence confused as to why no one is talking when usually mom and dad get mad if we don't talk. Suddenly my mom clears her throat , and by the look on her face I can guess I would have preferred the awkward silence to whatever conversation is about to fallow.
" sweetheart" my mom begins " me and your father have decided to go on a trip for a month. Your ant has not been feeling well so we are going to visit her in the U.S. The problem is that the only way we where able to get out of the house for so long with your fathers work schedule is if we let his bosses mother in law stay at our place. So..." my mom takes another awkward pause looks nervously at my father than continues. " so you will have to stay with your sister's friends house while we are out of town. Hermione asked her friend and we got a letter back from his mother telling us that she would be delighted to have you. We will be back the day after Hermione leaves for Hogwarts, so after she gets on the train you can just take the underground back here."  I wait for my mom to say that she is joking or say never mind we are taking you with us, but of course she doesn't. She gives me a nervous smile when I don't say anything and says "please we can't afford to get all three of us plane tickets to the U.S and I half to make sure my sister is well." I see the tears glistening in her eyes, and feel bad for not answering sooner. Still when I speak it comes out harsher than I had intended " yeah, whatever.when do we leave and can you tell ms. Gloflind that I can't do the coordination for the volunteer work after all, but that I can make it up to the club when school starts back up". My mom gives me a great full smile saying " of course I will let her know, and I know that meant  a lot to you so I am sorry you will have to miss it. Our flight leaves tomorrow early in the morning so Hermiones friends will pick you two up in an hour." My eyes widen and I give my mom a look of disbelief. I quickly finish my food than grabbing my plate and  rinsing it off in the sink I head up to my room to pack.