A Century

"Ticket date: 7:00 PM Friday 21st December 1962

 Admission: One adult

 Station: Waterloo Underground"

A teardrop of joy landed on the train ticket lovingly laid in my hand. I turned it over to reveal, written in formally cursive, a little note...

"Meet me at Waterloo next week my love.

                                           Eternally Yours,

                                              Dave Davies             "

Dave's Point of View

After collapsing on to my bed with thoughts of my Y/N, surprisingly Ray sat down beside me. "You really charmed her, didn't you Dave?"

"I love her." I lingered on the word love. The way it rolled off my tongue so easily, and yet how it could change my life forever. Love.

What was love? Where was love? When was love in my life? Who was love?

Y/N. Y/N was the answer to everything. Lo, lo, lo love. I loved the word itself, and I wondered how long seven days would last until I could see love again.

The hand of poet Ray caressed my hair back, away from my face. He was my other love. And just how much I love him, does he know? Does he think it's dying, dropped on the cruel floor of the world? It just needed nurturing. He needed to nurture it with me. We're brothers, and brothers we'll always be.

"Funny boy what you thinkin' of?"

"I don't know" I lied.

"I do; little brother." And with that, he kissed me goodnight.

HE KISSED ME GOODNIGHT????????

"You haven't done that for a century" I said, now sitting upright.

"Looks like Y/N brought us closer." Ray slid under the covers of his bed across the room and dreamt into the utterly life-changing night.