Part 4 The Second And Third Trials

(FYI, I know that you battle Avery when u find the Max Mushrooms, but I had a better idea than that 😉.)
The next trial will be Mushroom picking! Go and find 3 Max Mushrooms!" Mustard smiled. I ran out with Korma still in my arms, and Lulu floating by my shoulder. But when I got outside, I realised I didn't know where to go.
"Hey Lulu."
"Mewww?" She flew in front of my face.
"Could you show me where to go to find some Max Mushrooms?"
"Meewww!" She nodded and glided off to my left. I quickly followed her.

The caves were pretty eerie, but I let out Kai and Bubbles anyways. Lulu guided me safely though them, making sure all the wild Sandshrew couldn't attack me. I then realised that one had been following me this entire time. Like what happened with Bubbles, I crouched down in front of the Pokemon to reach its height. It cried out happily and hugged my neck, making me laugh.
"Wanna come into the team?" I offered, which the Sandshrew eagerly accepted. "Ok then! Hold still a sec..." I stood up, and threw a Great ball at it. But she broke out, giggling. I joined her, knowing she was just playing around. "Serious this time." I said, catching her in the next Great ball. Just like the others, I let her walk next to me with Kai.
"And your name will be Sandy! But why are you green...?" I wondered aloud.
"Hey Rotom?"
"Bzzt! Whatcha need, kiddo?" He chirped.
"Why is Sandy green? Aren't Sandshrews meant to be yellow or somethin'?"
"She's a shiny, bzzzt!"
"A shiny?!"
"Uh huh! Your welcome, pal!" Rotom dove back into my pocket, leaving me bewildered. A shiny... A real shiny!
"Meewwww!"
"Hm?" Lulu pointed to the cluster of Max Mushrooms. "Oh right! Sorry 'bout that, Lulu." I rubbed the back of my neck embarrassed. I ran over to grab them, but before I could stop, I ran into somebody. Thankfully, they caught me before I fell to the ground. I looked to see who they were. AVERY?! Oh god, of all people to collide with! Avery!
"M-my apologises! That was very ungentleman like!" Avery's face blazed slightly, and he tried to hide it by pulling me up quickly, but it didn't work. I'd already seen.
"Nah, I shoulda been lookin' where I was going. Thanks for showin' me that."
"No problem." Avery rubbed the back of his neck, and I couldn't tell if he was blushing from what just happened, or me. Either way, it was adorable. We both turned to the Max Mushrooms, and Avery stepped backwards and bowed slightly.
"What're ya doin'?" I tilted my head.
"Ladies first." He smiled. Oh my god, Avery you cute little thing.
"Uh... Thanks, I guess..." I went and picked them, when it hit me.
"What about you?"
"Hm?"
"Like, 'ow are you gonna get some? Or are there more elsewhere that you know of?"
"I'm sure I can find some more elegant ones somewhere else."
That didn't answer my question... I thought, chuckling slightly.
"What?" Avery asked.
"Oh, it's nothin'. Just thinking 'bout yo— I mean something else." I instantly regretted speaking, and to my surprise, Avery ignored my sudden correction. Kinda...
"Right..." I had never heard so much doubt in my life.
"Mewww!" Out the corner of my eye, I noticed Lulu suddenly fly off somewhere.
"Lulu! Don't run off!" I ran after her, but by the time I realised how rude I was being to Avery, it was too late. But he didn't seem to mind though.

I watched as Ava dashed after her Mew, and I couldn't help but feel... strange. I hadn't felt this weird thing that I did when I saw her before, so I didn't really understand. What I did understand however, was just how cute she was. I had acknowledged it when we met again at the Isle Of Armor station, and I was only lying when I told her we hadn't met before. Just to see her adorable reaction. I frowned and tapped my head. You don't need these thoughts, Avery! Get your head in the game! She beat you in a battle, which means she's a huge threat. If only I could get rid of her... I glanced at the mushrooms. I could just take them now, and surpass her! Then finally I achieve my dream: Becoming a Psychic-type Gym Leader! But... It just feels wrong to do that, and I know that she'd be really hurt... I shook my head, and ran off deeper into the cave to find my own. As much as I knew it would benefit me massively, I really just couldn't.