Day 6: Signed Posters

Day 6.        Where you absolutely love one of the character’s outfits.

The bells chimed as I pushed the door open to Feather Records & Books, our favourite shop downtown. You put your hands on my shoulders, trying to get me to walk faster, but I dug my heels down in protest.

Amelia.”

James.” You tried to push me one more time, and I took a step forward suddenly. Your forehead hit my shoulder, and I laughed. “That’s what happens.”

“The Atlas Genius poster just got delivered, and I want to get it before they’re all gone.”

“James, no one besides you has heard of them.”

“These ones are signed! Who knows what’s going to happen!”

“Well, I want to look at the scarves. You go find your poster and meet me when you’re done.” You nodded, and I headed to the side where the racks of band sweatshirts, shirts, and scarves were.

“Nice shirt.” I looked to see the cashier smiling at me. I smiled back at her, glancing down at my Imagine Dragons shirt.

“Thanks.”

“Where’d you get it?”

“Online, actually. They have a deal where you can get the shirt, their new album, and a signed poster.”

“I should check that out. Thanks.”

“No problem.”

Speaking of signed posters… Lookit!” You held the poster tube in front of my face. I laughed.

“James, you’re like a kid who just got ice cream.” You raised a brow.

“Was I the one running around the house and shouting, ‘It’s here! It’s here!’ when I got my signed poster?” I looked at you.

“Fine. I’m a hypocrite. Sue me.” You sniffed slightly, and walked over to the scarves.

“You should get this one.”

“The one with the birds?”

“Yeah.” I walked over to look at it better. The scarf was a light brown with small, blue silhouettes of swallows.

“Yeah, I like this one.” The girl behind the counter rang us up, and gave us our purchases with a smile.

“Have a nice day!” she called out after us, to which we replied, “you too!” The bells chimed again as we left.

“Let’s go hang up that poster of yours.”

“Where? ‘Cause I want it right over the bed.”

“But then you won’t be able to see it that well. Put it next to mine, across from the bed.” You nodded.

“Good idea.”