Chapter 5: A Helluva'n Ending

"How are you guys doing?" says Michael.

"Good, everything seems to be going according to plan," says Shannon.

"Yeah, I'm actually impressed by how well this all worked out.  You gals are lucky to have a brainiac like me on your side helpin' out," says Michael.

"Yeah, yeah..okay Michael," says Jessica. 

"Oh shoot, the rest of the interviews," Emma says.  "Shannon, you and Larissa are up next. You guys need to go. Right now!"

Shannon pulls herself up and then quietly sneaks out the bathroom door and back into the living room. "Okay, I'm ready," she says to Larissa, and they walk out the door and into the hallway.  As if traffic wasn't already bad enough on a Friday night in Hazelnut Hill, now a line of news reporters trail out of the GC entrance and onto Commonstealth Ave.  

"Hello, the Officer is ready to see you," says the policeman who was guarding the door to the first floor lounge.  But when Larissa and Shannon entered, Officer Taylor wasn't sitting in the rickety old chair that was probably dug up from some dusty storage closet in the GC Police Department before it was brought here.  Instead, Officer Taylor was listening to a very important piece of information coming in on his headset.  His eyebrows were furrowed and he continued to pace behind back and forth, not even noticing Larissa and Shannon had arrived.  He finally says, "Okay, I'll let them know," and ends his call.

"Oh, hello.  Did my guard let you in?  I didn't even see you two there.  Nonetheless, this meeting is no longer necessary.  The murderers have been identified. Jared Jenkins and Eric Curie.  You and your friends are now deemed innocent.  You may go," he says in a monotone manner. Larissa and Shannon look at each other for a split second like WTF?  But then they rebound like the swift queens they are and say together, "Okay, byeeee," and head on out.

Shannon and Larissa fast walk back to the room and as soon as they open they door, they break the news to the Flexin' Plexin' crew.  "They found the murderers!" Shannon announces.  She makes eye contact with Emma, Jessica, Michael and Caroline who are walking in from the right wing, and suddenly all of them start to grin.

"Wait what? Who was it?" says Ana.

"It was Jared Jenkins and Eric Curie," says Shannon. 

"That must have been why there were so many news reporters coming in so late when Emma and I were walking back from our interview," says Alyssa.

"And so they've declared that we are innocent?" Michael says in a serious tone.

"Yes, they have" Shannon replies. 

As the rest of Flexin' Plexin' converse, Caitlin is on her phone looking up results on Google like a mad woman. "Jared Jenkins," she says quietly to herself.  Generic names harbor generic search results, so it takes Caitlin some time to find what she is looking for.  But finally, she sees something that rings a bell. 

"I knew that name sounded familiar!" Caitlin blurts out.  "Jared Jenkins, he's the grandson of Notre Lame's president." 

"They're figuring it out," Michael whispers to Caroline and Emma.  "Give them some more time," says Caroline. "No way, Caitlin!" Caroline says loudly enough for everyone to hear. 

"So Jared Jenkins coordinated with this Eric guy to kill both Wyatt and Brenna?  How would he even know Eric?  Do you any of you know this Eric guy?" says Ana.

"Yeah, he's been in a couple of my classes.  He's a bit nerdy tbh," says Jessica. 

"Yeah, I could tell by his name lol," says Alyssa.