Chapter 1 : Taken

Peggy winced as a branch scrapped the side of her face, a faint scent of blood filling the air, weak but still lingering.

Her feet accustomed to the muddy and rough terrain, moved quickly over fallen tree trunks; it had rained recently, maybe that was the reason she never smelt them until it was too late.

They had had their first fight, the argument being over nothing important, they would later realise, yet the angry words that had come out of both their mouths, had been enough to make Peggy run out of the family house, upset and emotional.

Her tears had stopped and all that was left were the wet tracks along her cheeks, she sniffed, trying to bring air through her stuffy nose. Her hands roughly brushed away the tears as she slowed down to a stop. Her vision was blurred and she spun around as she tried to remember her whereabouts.

She took a deep breath in, calming her heart and sobs, thoughts still racing through her mind, she supposed she should head back; she was exhausted mentally and physically and wished only for her brother and her bed.

And just as she took her first step back from where she came, Peggy felt a stone cold hand wrap around her mouth and several more grab her body and then she was gone.