#4

her eyes widening at the cold  platinum hair glancing back at her.  His hair were perfectly imperfect,. 

"What?"  he mumbled, flinching away slightly at her stare.  She shook her head slightly, "Sorry ... your hair it's just ..."

"blonde?"  he raised an eyebrow. She rolled her eyes playfully but grinned, resisting the urge to run her hands through it. 

When she saw Corbyn walk through the door, something inside of her jumped like it was waiting for him to light her up inside.  It was almost like he had been sent to keep her alive, like a guardian angel that had turned up when she needed it the most. 

That was what she hoped for anyway. 

"Your parents are nice" Corbyn coughed awkwardly, "..I'm grateful, you know? For them letting me stay here and everything. Do you all get along?" 

She laughed slightly but her eyes were sad.  "Does any family?" 

"I would not know" he mumbled to himself but then corrected himself at her pity-filled glance, "I-I mean that they abandoned me. Practically left without a word, but I'm just glad I'm here."  y/n glanced at him. 

"You do not have to pretend with me, Corbyn." 

His eyes shot open with panic. 

"What?" 

She giggled and his worry deflated slightly. 

"You do not have to pretend that you are fine. I can imagine that being here may just remind you of the family you do not have ... but I hope that you can feel happy here for as long as you stay.  II hope that you can find something that reminds you of everything good in life, s-sorry if it sounds cheesy .. "

" It does "he replied bluntly but then reeled himself in at her awkward expression," ... but I get what you  Mean.  Thank you. '  Y/n sent him a bright smile but the second her back was turned, he rolled his eyes slightly at her dramatic nature. 

Watching her carefully as she opened the door, she nudged him to the guest bedroom where he got a plush four-poster bed and dark blue floor length drapes. 

There was a large wardrobe for the clothes that he did not have, huge windows leading out onto a small balcony over looking the grounds. 

He scoffed slightly, looking around as Y/n smiled understandingly. 

"I know, it's a bit much. But my parents aren't exactly low key" she waved her hands around awkwardly, "... I would rather live somewhere that did not still cause me to get lost everyday. I have  lived here for seventeen years but find a new room every day. " 

"This is a guest bedroom" he whistled, "I would hate to see your parent's room."  Y/n scratched her neck nervously. 

"They do not ever let anyone in it, apart from me. But that is only for very special reasons, really. "

" Huh "he breathed, scanning the room again." Well, feel free to rest and clean up in the bathroom.  I think the maid left some clothes for you in the wardrobe, they should fit hopefully.  You're quite tall .. "she mumbled the last part.

" Night "he replied bluntly before practically slamming the door in her face. Y/n let out the breath she had been holding when the door shut, shaking her head at her idiotic  thoughts about the mysterious and slightly rude stranger.

She walked back to her bedroom, frowning at the sounds of her parents arguing as usual, climbing into the safety of her own bed.

She could not help but think about the boy on the other side  of her wall, his guest bedroom just next to her own suite, a bedroom too big for such a small girl that constantly felt lost in her own home.