Chapter 2

Lea and Aga above ☝

Chapter 2

It was the twenty-sixth of July. The sun had risen, indicating that she needed to get off her bed. Lea yawned and glanced at her alarm clock. "What's wrong with you, Buddy?" She asked because, for the second time of the week, it didn't do its job to wake her up. "What should fix you." She murmured before heading to her bathroom. She did her morning routines and was immediately directed to the kitchen. And as usual, her husband was there, reading a magazine. She bit her lower upon remembering the happenings last night, but she shrugged the embarrassing thoughts away and maneuvered to the kitchen sink to wash her hands. "Good morning." She greeted. "How's your sleep?" She asked when the latter didn't retort her greeting.

"Never been better," Aga replied, drastically opening the poor magazine in his hands.

Lea smiled and never bothered him again. At least he answered your question. It's a nice thing to start the day. She whispered while cooking their breakfast.

"Good morning, Mum." Samantha greeted, rubbing her eyes with both of her hands.

Lea sighed in relief when Samantha arrived at the perimeter because the silence between her and Aga was killing her. "Hey, baby. Good morning! How's your sleep?" She greeted back and hugged her tightly, slightly squeezing her waist.

Sammy got off her. "It was good, Mum. And stop squeezing me."

Lea giggled at her daughter and finished cooking their meal.

Samantha then headed to her father. "Good morning, Dad." And kisses his forehead.

Lea's heart melted by her daughter's gesture. She's a grown-up kid, but she's not embarrassed about showing her affection towards her parents, unlike other children out there.

"Morning, gummy bear."

"Mum, Ate Lou called earlier and told me that she booked a reservation at the nearest restaurant in town after church."

Lea nodded her head and sat beside her daughter.

"Andy can't do it today because he has family affairs to deal with. So, it's just the four of us again!"

"Oh, poor Andy," Lea expressed.

Sammy swallowed her food before gesturing her hands like she used to do. "I love Andy, Mum, you know that, but it's been a while when we had our family date like the magic four! I just missed doing it with you, Dad, and Ate Lauren."

Lea smiled and held her daughter's left hand. She was about to repeat a word when Aga cleared his throat. "Finish your food and get ready for church." She whispered and giggled. She knew that clearing of the throat.

Someone's out of place. Lea whispered and smirked.

After their peaceful breakfast, the three of them decided to get ready for church. Lea decided to wear the dress Aga bought her four years ago. It was a creamy flowy dress and had flowers printed on it. She neatly bun her hair, put on her pearl earrings, and wore her white flat shoes. She studied her face for a while. "Too pale." She whispered and retouched her makeup.

"Come on, Mum!" Samantha yelled outside their room. "I know what you two are doing! I'm too old to have a younger sibling, just to inform you both!" She held her lipstick tightly because of what the mischievous miss yelled.

Oh, god. Her daughter and her mouth.

Lea went out of the bathroom to see her husband leaning on the door. She smiled and went near him to fix his collar. "Better." She opened the door, leaving him behind.