Chap 27 (Let's end this: Present)

Two days had passed and there was no sign of Shawn. Neither they contacted me nor I tried to. Over the past two days, Brian kept searching for him. Whether it was day or night he left no stone unturned and struggled to his best possible level.

I, on the other side, spent this time being locked at Brian's house, better say locked in my thoughts. I was laying on the bed staring at the ceiling when I heard my phone ringing. I shuffled into a sitting position.

"Where is Shawn? What did you do to him? Answer me asshole!", seeing the unknown number on the screen, my instincts made me assume that it was those thugs.

"Calm down sweetheart. Your boyfriend is safe and sound, but I can't guarantee his safety anymore", the same voice lacing with grimace rung in my ears.

"Now bring me the flash drive with the recording and take this filthy bastard", I couldn't help just burst into tears.

"I don't trust you. I want to hear his voice", I could possibly be walking into a trap.

"Hey, dickhead it's your girlfriend. Talk to her", I heard a sudden thrash from the other side.

Were they hitting Shawn?

"Luna don't come here! Run somewhere far", another smack went hunting down my soul.

They were beating Shawn and he was still thinking about me.

"Shawn I'm sorry I'm so sorry I'll fix everything okay? Just hold on little more", I wasn't sure if he heard me as the man started speaking again.

"We are sending you the address of this place. Come straight away and keep one thing in mind- A single cop at the scene and you will see his body hanging in his condo", he hung the call.

I quickly wiped my tears, put on my shoes and started walking toward the address he texted me. The flash drive was inside my pocket.

Thankfully Brian wasn't at home. I walked past the same forest where it all started. Nothing scared me. Neither the dark of night nor the howling of wolves. However, the thundering of clouds reminded me of the night, the same scary night that dragged me toward Shawn.

I was thinking nothing but to save Shawn. I brought this to him and only I would finish this. Finally, I reached an abandoned building.

Who would walk to a place full of criminals without any backup plan? Me. I thought it to a scene from movies where the lead character would save his love, but the problem was that the lead character of my story was himself in danger.

Some men were standing outside. As soon as they spotted me they held their guns out. Pointing all guns at me, they signalled me to walk inside.

"Please don't hurt him. I'm here so let him go. I'll do whatever you want me to. Lower your gun I'm begging you", my voice was stuttering while saying this but I had no other choice. He was pointing a gun at Shawn.

"Where's the fucking recording?!", he yelled.

I showed him the flash drive.

"Good now we don't only want this recording. As you're late we are taking you with this recording", he said while smiling like a freak. I thought I got rid of it.

"No! run away, Luna! Don't hand him this flash drive! Please run and save yourself", Shawn spoke hardly.

He punched Shawn. There were already many bruises on his face. I have had no idea that they could do this to him.

"No please don't hurt him. I'm giving you a recording. Plus I'm here. Let him go now", I said while crying.

"Luna for god sake run. Save your life", Shawn mumbled.

He was too weak to speak well. I don't know why it took me too long to make it here. Was my love really fake?

"I am sorry Shawn Mendes. You're here because of me. Let's end this in a fair way", I started walking up to the man.

I never thought that one night could change the life of any person to this level.

I wish I would've never come across his car that night. So that I would be suffering alone. That night has brought this to us.

I wish I could turn the time. So that he would never fall in love with me. But time is that flow of the river that keeps on flowing without taking anything, coming in its way, into account.

And now here I am. This was how my story started.

________________________
A/n:
Hey guys! Yeah posting after a while. Don't worry I'm ending this story soon (hopefully will not be Shawn's version of soon lol).
And y'all must be thinking you've already had read the conclusive portion of this chapter before. Well, yup! Earth is spinning round not your mind;-) This story is written in chronological order (I hope it makes sense now). Anyway, what type of ending are you guys yearning for??? Let's see if your comments could make me change the storyline (in case they vary with mine). The ending would put a different spin on the entire story I assure you. O:-)