Last One

Some memories never leave.

    At first, being told that he needed to live 400 years before he could die safely, it sounded easy. Who didn't want to live that long? Especially when they were powerful. They could do anything they wanted and go anywhere, there's 6 lifespans to waste, so who wouldn't be happy to know that. What he didn't know was how hard living that long was.

   Anothy wasn't from this dimension, in fact he was dimensions away from his home. He had interdimensional energy trapped inside him and he had to make sure his death was not a bomb to cause half an extinction. Reacting to the change wasn't hard for the wolf. He eventually made good friends and he had the most memorable moments with the small friendship group. A small light purple hedgehog named Ruby that annoyed him so much with a yellow brown dog cyborg called Jordan that knew everything about having fun and a redheaded tiger D-k that kept everyone together. Soon he met other friends, Deava-k's best friend, Midnight and the slime ball she hanged out with her, Scrouge, then her sister and her friends. With everyone around Anothy simply never found time to miss his home. Though he never admitted to them that he saw them as his friends, he was happy he met them.

    After all years in Anothy really grew to care about them, he had a family before he knew it. His most fond memories were having Deava by his side, He never cared for such an amazing person before. She was the only person who he really allowed to get close to him and he shared everything with her. Watching her age without him was the hardest, it was like having her slip from his grasp more and more each day. Even through his tough persona it truly him hurt when she had to live her life at an entire different pace than him at one point.

    Ruby was the first to leave the group, being the smallest she was still the oldest. Her death made everything sink in and It got only worse after that, years after Deava-k also died. Attending her funeral never left his thoughts. Many sleepless nights followed that loss, he found himself in heavy isolation and suppressing his feelings. He had to watch everyone he cared about leave, all in not even half his life span he was supposed exist for. It really made him feel empty thinking about them. The only one who was left was Jordan.

    Jordan was a cyborg, so the effects of aging didn't toll on him as it did everyone, he was more than a century older than everyone to begin with. He changed after Ruby and DK left him. Jordan was emotionally stronger than Anothy was, he was happy and encouraging and did his best to make those around him smile and laugh. He was the 'prankster gangster' and it was a part of him to make his friends all have a good time. That cancelled out the stiff tension they had when they first met very quickly. Yet, when his friends were no longer with him he became different. He was much more mature and analytical and spent most of his time working on new inventions and his own body. Jordan soon built a name for himself and became a revolutionary engineer and could fix anything no matter how complex. He made and formulated grand things and his old personality seemingly became smaller. Maybe that was how he chose to cope. Anothy knew he loved them all more than he did.

    Anothy one the other hand was never good with emotions is struggled with anger and his bad temperament. He choose became a full time assassin to distract himself and became prestiged person over the years. He was a tall built white and light brown wolf with deep blue eyes. Anothy looked intimidating and rarely showed emotion to anyone. He only took jobs from big clients and was seamless in every operation. Underground rumors called him a ghost and he could not be trusted. His heart was simply empty and he had nothing to lose. He was ruthless and no one could stop him and he had no intention to stop either. Someone had to feel pain like he did.

    Jordan and Anothy saw each other less and became busy in their own lives. They would meet during holidays and on times they wanted to hang out but otherwise kept up with each other mostly over texting or calls. However both insisted to stay in each other's lives, even partially.

     Anothy got a text from Jordan asking him to come over the following day. He agreed to his friend's invitation and cleared his schedule, he didn't mind. Anothy was going to visit a dear friend he hadn't seen in a while and he was meaning to ask him a question for a couple months.

    He appeared at Jordan's house about midday the next day, Jordan didn't specify a time so he came at a reasonable hour. He was semi formal as that was now his usual attire and wore a white dress shirt with the sleeves folded to his elbows and comfortable black pants. Anothy had the ability to teleport anywhere instantaneously. He used it a lot more than he used to with the idea that it would help use up the power he had. He casually walked up to the door of the very modern house. It had large glass windows and light blue lines in various places on its white walls, it looked like something taken from a sci-fi book. He pressed the doorbell and the door opened automatically recognizing Anothy, he was very used to his technological house he didn't second think it and walked inside as it allowed him in.

    "Jordan ?" Anothy's deep voice called as he walked to his living area.

    " Yeah ?" The light yellow and brown dog answered as he threw away an empty chip bag into the bin that concealed itself back into the floor as he walked away from it. He looked over at Anothy and approached him friendly. Jordan's body was half robotic. The design he had now looked nothing like the one he had in the past due to him constantly working and upgrading himself but still had light blue highlights along his platinum parts, something he chose not to change over the years. He wore a very casual red hoodie and sweatpants but something was definitely going on based on how he looked.

     " Still eating those salty chips ?" Anothy asked Jordan as he sat on his beige couch. Both males still looked as if they were just still in their twenties, Anothy a bit older.

    " I can't help it, I'm a hundred percent sure I'm addicted to them." He humored at him which made huff slightly.’surrre' . One thing's for sure Jordan still loved fast food. " Can I offer you anything to drink Anothy?" He said making a stop in his open kitchen and opening his stainless steel fridge door.

    "Yeah, I could take one right now." Anothy answered back as he leaned back into the couch. It had been a moment since he could relax.

    Jordan soon walked up to him holding a glass with ice and an alcohol mix for himself and a juice box. He handed over the juice box to him. Anothy starred and child themed colorful box in his hands dumbfounded as Jordan sat across the room from him.

   " I hope you can handle that, it's a bit strong." Jordan said and took a sip from his drink. Anothy muzzle broke a wide smile and he hummed in amusement.

    "Mhm, I'm sure I can." He replied putting up with whatever joke he was trying with him. He pulled off the neon pink translucent straw off it then poke it into the box of fruit juice. He realized what just happened and he laughed.

     Anothy didn't drink much back when everyone was around and often had other things while everyone had what was served at parties, alcohol made him aggressive quickly. As a joke Jordan carried a juice box whenever they went out specifically for Anothy and it was a sight to see him sipping from a juice box and it made the group of four die from laugher every single time. That was maybe a hundred and sixty years ago but he realized the reference. It's been awhile since he laughed at anything. Looks like Jordan still had it in him. Anothy composed himself from the light laughter and looked over at Jordan as he sipped some more juice.

    " So, you wanted to see me today ? Anothy's asked Jordan.

    " oh, yeah, I almost forgot." He said as he got up, in the moment of doing that action his robotic arm stiffened and the glass shattered into pieces and arm started shaking slightly. Jordan sighed and quietly tsked as he twisted the arm then it became still, a circular flat robot came to the scene and started cleaning the mess. " Sorry about that-" Jordan said defeatedly as he walked over the side of the room. Anothy eyebrows raised at what just happened. He never saw Jordan's body ever act like that before and was curious of what just happened.

    He picked up a large box in the corner of the room then walked over to Anothy and gave it to him.

    " I wanted to give you this." Jordan said with a reassuring smile, the mood became so awkward quickly .

    Anothy curiously opened the top flap of the cardboard box and looked inside. What he saw quickly made him upset.

    " Why are you giving me this? These belong to you." Anothy said. He felt like whatever Jordan was doing was strange and he did not like it.

   " Because I want you to have them." He replied,

   " I can't take these from you. What do you take me for? You need these more than I do" Anothy shot back as he became frustrated with Jordan and clutched the box angrily.

    " Just take them with you Anothy! I don't want them!." Jordan yelled back. That struck a nerve in Anothy. He felt pain he had been bottling up for years overtake him and he growled at Jordan as he stood up and set the box side. Anothy grabbed the neck of Jordan's sweater and yanked him closer to his face.

    " What you mean by you don't fucking want them?! I don't what the hell you are doing right now but I hope you are NOT fucking with me Jordan." Anothy snarled out at Jordan directly to his face. Jordan's arm clutched Anothy's fearfully as the blue lights on his robotic body all turned red as he felt threatened. Looking into his blue eyes he could see how much pain Anothy was in and Jordan sighed.

    " I can't remember them…" Jordan admitted and Anothy released him in disbelief.

    " What?..."

     " I said I can't remember them !" Jordan looked defeated and torn and his lights all returned to its blue color. Anothy just could not wrap his mind around what he was saying.

     " All those cameras, items, pictures, memories! in that box. What do you mean by you can't remember them, it's right there. Your first wife, the necklace you were found with, Deava-k, everyone, Ruby! That's all you have left of them so tell me why the hell are you giving all this to me ?"

      " Ruby. born 25th of May, 4 foot 1, relationship to me, best friend… I can't remember what she looks like, I can't remember her personality, what she likes, how she sounded like, what her smile was like! All I have is dumb factual information!"
At that Anothy began to calm down.