A Note

This is THE first time I have shared even a single page of anything to anyone. I get incredibly embarrassed about my work - I nearly died handing in a short story I had to write at school. Honestly, I don't mind if nobody reads this and I don't mind if you read this and you hate it. Just be nice if you have something to say, I don't mind constructive criticism, but if you read books just to be nasty about them then I honestly don't want to know.
I doubt this is actually going to get noticed, but it's a first step for me and, well, at least I tried.
This is not the first thing I've ever written, but it IS the first that I am going to plan out properly and the first time I'm going to pretend I have any idea what I'm doing, but what the heck. Most of the other things I've written never made it much past page four, so if this does, it'll be an achievement.
I've really enjoyed a ridiculous amount of books, and while my characters, plots and worlds are never going to be anywhere near the standard of the books that have inspired me, those amazing books have made me want to try for something decent. If I do put any of this out there before I'm completely ready, chances are I'll have to change it repeatedly so it fits my ideas at the time. I've got some semblance of a plan for once, and hopefully someone will see this sometime.  Also, if you think you see any spelling errors, I'm British so it might just be that.