41| Letting go

Please comment and vote! :)

P.S: Do listen to the audio as you read!

Ashton's POV

The moment my brother left the room, past memories of how Finn fought for our love surfaced in my mind.

*Flashback (from chapter 19 to 21)*

"You've already put in much effort to make your way to me... Back then, I was too selfish... I didn't consider your feelings at all.. So now, it's my turn... I'll make my way to you, no matter how long it takes, no matter how tough it gets, I will not give up this time.." she wailed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aunt, please give me one chance to prove myself. I love Ashton and he loves me. We are both aware that our future wouldn't be an easy one, but we will not let go of each other's hand. We'll fight together. " she replied with great sincerity in her voice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry for everything. I just wanted your mom to give us a chance, I didn't know that will agitate her. I don't want you to fall out with her because of me. It was never my intention. I'm really really sorry..." she said as tears spilt over and flowed down her face like a river escaping a dam.

*End of Flashback*

The Finn that I love is considerate and faithful. She demonstrates so much resilience in our love.

Why didn't I believe in her? Why didn't I give her another chance to explain? Why was I behaving so childishly after I regain my memory? Why was I acting like a douchebag? I mentally cursed myself.

Then, memories of how I hurt her ransacked my mind.

*Flashback (from Chapter 35 to 37)*

"Without love what else is there to consume me but bitterness? I hate you with the rising sun and long into the night that follows, only interrupted by dreams that leave me drained," I continued as a flood of tears gushed down my cheeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You pierced my soul; you made me skeptical about people and love. And I hate you. I really hate you for that. You turned me into this broken mess, and even if I hadn't seen you for the past few years, your touch had always been with me, and I know it would probably stays for the rest of my life despite me regaining my memory a not. You screwed up my confidence," I raised my voice as my eyes turned icy cold again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I want you to know, its my blessing to get my memories back. But it will be the start of your misery," I stated with simple directness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No, I don't feel forced. Being able to see how you are manipulated and hurt when you are with me, I think I am good," I whispered into her ears.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't get me wrong. Marrying you isn't because I love you, it is because Jerome needs a complete family. Now, Jerome is a child with a father and a mother. All we have to do is to pretend to be loving parents in front of him," I declared as a matter of fact.