Sleepless

It's getting harder and harder for Sophie to remember what a full night of sleep felt like. She had been staring at her ceiling for thirty minutes now, or maybe it was an hour. Sophie honestly, didn't know. She'd stopped counting the seconds once she hit seven hundred. Her mind was moving a mile a minute; thinking nonstop about how much she needed to do and how little time she had to do it. Over the last few days, she had started making a mental to-do list.

Which consisted of:

- Updating the Council on what little information Stina and Biana had discovered about the remaining members of the Neverseen
- Convince Sandor to restart her training
-  Work with Bronte to perfect her inflicting
- Check-in with Marella on her lessons with Fintan, they had been going on for at least a month now and she had to make sure Fintan didn't have any ulterior motives
- Work on awkward cognate training with her ex-boyfriend

     She was dreading that last one the most. Although Fitz said he was okay with being friends it was still a little tense between the two of them. It's like she didn't know how to talk to him anymore, but she wouldn't want things to go back to the way they were before either. The not knowing how each other felt was far worse than a few awkward moments.

Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

     Not that she had loved Fitz. Sometimes she wasn't even sure if she really liked Fitz, not in the way he liked her. If she thought about it, really thought about it.. It was more like Sophie liked the thought of Fitz. The thought of someone as cute and as amazing as Fitz liking her.. It was so different from anything she was used to.
     When she was a human- Or when she thought she was a human, people actively avoided her. She was the weird kid who skipped grades and had a photographic memory. Maybe that was the issue with her and Fitz, she hadn't had anything to compare him to. Maybe she wasn't ready for a relationship at all. I mean she was a little busy trying to save multiple species, boy trouble should have been the least of her worries, but she let it overtake her thoughts for a while and ended up losing focus.

     Sophie couldn't help but think that if she hadn't lost focus she would have had a better plan going into the meeting in Loamnore with the Neverseen, and if she had come up with a better plan maybe Keefe wouldn't have show up- even though he promised her he wouldn't. Maybe if she had come up with a better plan, one with an exit strategy she could have saved him all of the pain and suffering his mother caused him that day. Even though he eventually woke up and seemed to be perfectly fine, sometimes she would notice he wasn't his normal sarcastic self. He didn't joke as much, he didn't tease her as much, occasionally his hair wasn't in the perfectly messy tousled look he was known for.

     Keefe was slowly becoming less Keefe, and Sophie didn't know how to fix it.

     She reached up and pulled at her eyelashes, trying to push those thoughts out of her head. If she let herself think about them for too long she didn't know what would happen. Out of fear that guilt and grief would overtake her mind she had to remind herself that he was still alive, and that was enough to calm her down. As long as he was alive there was still hope.

     Sophie could feel the tiredness pulling at her eyes, wishing it would pull her under into a deep sleep. She turned over on her side just as her imparter lit up. She groaned as she leaned over to pick it up. Who would be hailing her at this hour??

     Sophie shouldn't have been surprised as she was met with a pair of ice blue eyes and perfectly tousled blonde hair, aside from the one rouge price that seemed to fall perfectly over his forehead. If she didn't know any better she would have sworn telepathy was one of his new abilities, but he relentlessly denied it.