Summer Time Bitches!

(Lyric POV)

I combed through my waist length brown hair.  I tie it into my signature side braid. I grab my bag. (not the one in the picture) I walked to school. I sat in my English class and I saw Joe Lamb and I felt a bit of pity. You see Joe's mom died four months ago and well I know how that feels. My parents were in a car accident, a drunk driver. They were both killed on impact so now I live with my Grandma. I sent Joe a small smile and he sends one back. I was very excited for one reason and one reason only. Today was the last day of school. I looked inside and I saw all of my firecrackers and sparklers inside and I smirked. I was a huge pyromaniac which sucks because I've never met anyone like that. I laid back until I got a note passed to me. I opened it and I checked. 'Hey, my friends and I are making a movie. Do you maybe wanna help out? -Joe.' I looked over at Joe and I nodded and he smiled a bit. 

(Joe POV)

It was after school and it was the last day. I walked with my friend Charles. "Oh my God. That was the longest day ever." Charles says. "Here." He says handing me a stack of papers. "What's this?" I ask. "New scene check it out." Charles says and I flip through it. "Detective Hathaway has a wife now?" I ask him. "I don't know. I think it might make a better movie. I need a better story line and production value." Charles says. Cary walks over to us a burn wrap on his arm, he is a major pyromaniac. "Martin booted all over his locker, it was the grossest one yet." Cary says. "Let Joe focus, he's reading." Charles says as I read through the script. "After he ate two boxes of Mike and Ikes-- never seen so many colors in my life." Cary continues. " Will you shut up a minute?" Charles asks. "Who's gonna play the wife, Jen?" I ask Charles. "No way -- did I tell you what she did with my top hat?" Charles asks and I am reminded of what she did and I grimace. "Yeah, that was bad." I say. "What wife?" Cary asks. "Alice Dainard." Charles says and I stop. "I was returning that book on codes and ciphers-- she was in the silent reading section -- I thought, "Screw it." So I asked her if she'd play Hathaway's wife." Charles says as we stand in front of the 7/11 doors. "You talked to Alice Dainard? Really?" I ask. 

"You're not supposed to talk at all in the silent reading section." Cary says. "Shut up." Charles says. "It's for silent reading." Cary says. "She said yes, we're filming tonight and she's driving. " Charles says and soon I see Lyric walk inside. "Oh I got someone to help out too." I say and Cary and Charles look at me. "Who?" They both ask. "Lyric Jones." I say with a shrug and they gape. "No way that's mint!" Charles says and soon Lyric comes over. "Hey Joe, when should I be ready for the movie and where is it?" She asks with a smile. "I'll tell Alice to pick you up." I say and she nods. Everyone knew that Alice Dainard and Lyric Jones were best friends. "Okay." She says and she sees Charles and Cary. "Hey Charles, hey Cary." She says and they gape. "Hey Lyric." They say. Lyric leaves the 7/11. "Good job Joe." Cary says and he pats my shoulder. 

(Lyric POV)

I look in the mirror and I look at my hair. "Nonna?" I ask and she walks inside my room. "Yes Lyric?" She asks and I look at her. "Can I cut my hair?" I ask and she smiles at me. "Let me do it, how short?" She asks. I tie my hair to past my shoulders and she nods. She grabs her trimmers and starts cutting. After a few minutes I look in the mirror and I smile. I hug her. "Thanks Nonna." I say and she smiles. "No problem Lyric." She says and I smile. I sit in my room and I read a few books. I hear the phone next to me ring. "Hello?" I question and I hear Alice from the other line. "So I heard that you are going to the movie thing too huh?" She asks and I smile. "Yeah I am." I say and I hear her laugh. "I'm gonna pick you up right?" She asks and I nod. "Yep!" I say and she laughs. "Bye Ally." I say. "Bye Lyrical." She says and we hang up. A few hours pass and soon it's midnight and I look out the window and I see Alice's Dad's car out front. I sneak out my window and I make it to the front lawn. I walk inside the car and I sit next to Cary and I see he has firecrackers. "Wicked dude! You like firecrackers too?" I ask and he smiles. "I'm a pyromaniac." He says and I grin. "Me too!" I say and we smile at each other. "So I wrote a couple new lines, can I show you?" Charles asks. "New lines? Charles-- what, I have new lines?" Martin asks. "Shut up. There aren't a lot--" Charles says. "I'm sorta trying to drive--" Alice says and I can tell she is really annoyed. " What would be great is, could you cry during the scene? Can you do that?" Charles asks Alice. "No?!" She says. Cary then goes to mess with the radio. "Stop." Alice says. "You know the first place I'm gonna drive when I get my license?" Cary asks and I think about mine.  'New Castle, Pennsylvania' I think to myself. "New Castle, Pennsylvania. Fireworks capital of America." Cary says and I smile. "Me too!" I say and we fist bump. Joe offers me a Twizzler after Alice takes one. We finally stop at a train depot and we all get out. The boys set up their equipment while I help Alice with her makeup. I look through the makeup and I keep putting it one Alice's face. We both giggle. "Hold still Ally." I say while laughing. "It tickles." She says and we both laugh.

"-- Sweetheart, this is my job, I have no choice." "That's nothing you need to worry about..." "What am I suppose to go to Michigan with you..." I hear Martin memorize. I watch Cary grab his paper and throw it into the wind. "No, no, no. Cary." Martin says and I giggle. Alice gets up and starts memorizing her lines.