Euphoria

Fluff
Jotaro's POV

"Are you having fun?" Kakyoin asked. He'd been watching his feet as we walked hand in hand, and he raised his head to look me in the eyes expectantly. I just shrugged. "Well, I'm glad you came. Your presence is comforting."

I glanced at him, thinking about how he's probably the weirdest person I've ever met.

I wasn't exactly sure how I was supposed to respond, so instead, I changed the subject. "What do you want to get done before we leave?"

"Why don't you choose something?" Kakyoin smiled, and I sighed.

"Ferris wheel?" I suggested, simply because it was the only thing I remembered was here, since it was visible from the road and therefore the first thing I'd seen.

"Okay! Why the Ferris wheel?" Kakyoin questioned.

"Are you really going to make me choose and then judge my choice?" I grumbled.

"I'm not judging you. I'm just curious." Kakyoin laughed softly. "You don't have to be so uptight."

"Whatever..." I pulled the brim of my hat down slightly with my free hand, looking at his gentle smile.

"It's so beautiful here when it gets dark..." Kakyoin mused, looking around at the lit-up rides and colored strings of lights decorating the fair. I didn't tear my eyes away from Kakyoin, simply memorizing his facial features in the purple fluorescent light. It had rained earlier, and the atmosphere was humid but not quite muggy—certainly not unpleasant enough to ruin the loveliness of the night.

"Yeah, it is."

"So you do like it here?" Kakyoin's face lit up, and I wanted to bottle that moment and keep it on my nightstand to look back at whenever I needed to see those shining eyes. I wanted to hold onto this time of simplicity in which all the problems in the world seemed nonexistent, when there was nothing but his expression of excitement putting me at ease. Nothing was wrong and nothing mattered. Kakyoin's passion for life was something that'd always fascinate me, the way little things could make him seem so happy and give him an expression brighter than all the lights around us. It was contagious, and nothing made me feel quite as at home as the sound of his laugh.

I wondered how I always struggled to explain why I loved the boy, then, because there wasn't a doubt in my mind about it. His liveliness made everything seem exciting, and it gave life a new meaning. With him, I felt like I could fly, and it wasn't scary at all. Nothing about falling in love with him resembled falling—I didn't think I'd ever hit the ground. He was a part of my heart now, and that was something I'd probably never understand. He's just another boy and yet I felt like he'd hung the damn moon.

I wished I could put all of this into actual words because I think it would please him to hear, but if I ever tried I'd find my throat closing up and my mind drawing a blank. It's times like those that I wish I were a different person, but then again, if I were a different person maybe he wouldn't love me anymore. (Not that I understand why he loves me when I can't even make him feel loved.) I wasn't good at explaining how I felt, but that didn't mean I was bad at feelings. It just meant that he'd probably never understand exactly how much he meant to me, not unless I interrupted a moment like this and wrote him a letter.

And if I did capture this moment, that smile, those sparkling eyes...then maybe I could finally explain to him just how perfect he is. Not even the stars could compare. If anything, he was like the sun—when he's gone, everything beautiful is just a reflection of his light, a reminder of how it feels to be with him. I was trapped in his orbit, more than ready to burn to a crisp if it meant I could get closer to him. He made airplane trails into shooting stars, insignificant things into something exhilarating.

"Come on!" Kakyoin beamed, and that glowing smile never faltered as he dragged me into one of the seats on the Ferris wheel. He wrapped his arms around my arm. "Mm, what were you thinking about that made you smile?" he asked, and I scowled to assure my lips weren't curving without my permission anymore. "Aww, you're blushing. Was it me~?"

"Shut up. I was thinking about beef jerky."

"Nahh, I think we both know the truth, Jojo," Kakyoin teased, placing a light kiss on my cheek.

"Suck a fucking dick."

"We're gay, Jotaro."

"Suck some ugly guy's dick."

"I do it whenever we engage in sexual intercourse."

"That's absolutely terrible to say. You're a bad person."

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too."

"Get out."

"We're almost at the top."

"I know. Break your legs."

"And I'm a bad person?"

"Yes," I replied, and he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Look at how pretty the sunset is." Kakyoin was grinning like a dork now, but I finally looked away to follow his gaze. We reached the highest point of the Ferris wheel while I was looking out at the fading pink clouds, and he softly turned my head back to face him, tilting his head to the right and leaning in until our lips met. It was gentle and sweet, and when the kiss ended and he pulled back, I put my arm around his shoulders and he buried his face in the crook of my neck. I played with some of his hair absentmindedly as we waited for the ride to reach the ground again.

I hoped he could see right through me and read me like a book, that way he'd know just how loved he is.