Hangry Lucas vs. Tree san (End)

Warning: Watch out for moderate profanities and cussing. It's going to happen in the middle of the story. Think twice before proceeding lol. Also, ummm...this oneshot might change your perceptions towards trees XD Well, the world tree isn't your ordinary world tree though. 

Three hours have passed since Athanasia was awake--striking midnight. The melodious ringing of the bells in the clock tower echoed throughout the silent, dark night to signal the beginning of a new day. The full moon glistened against the midnight blue sky and the  stars twinkled and danced solitudinously. The night skies were clear without any signs of fog or haze to block the breathtaking view. 

Meanwhile, Athanasia is gazing at the stars with a solemn expression because she can't fall asleep. Her mind couldn't fully process what has just happened yesterday at Emperor Claude's social gathering. Lucas abducted a baby golden dragon and offered it as a belated birthday present to her yesterday. He  caused a ruckus at the palace with the pet dragon, while he was in front of Claude (her father), royal guards, nobles people, and the emperor's audience.  She could still recall the look of horror and fear in their eyes and gaping mouths, all except for Emperor Claude.

She is standing outside by her bedroom's veranda and leaning her both arms against the ledge, with one arm resting her chin pressed against the palm of her hand. Slowly, she shifted the unoccupied arm and brought forth her graceful and elegant fingertips to touch her pale pink lips.

sighs

The hot breathe emitted from Lucas's mouth, as he whispered a few words of romantic exchange seered into her ears and made her feel scorching hot. In fact, her entire body is blazing ferociously as the  warmth of her inner core spreads to the other areas of the body---her head, neck, trunk, arms, and legs.

Lucas whispered to her, "You are my girl, right? After all, We did kiss that night."

Ah, my body feels like it is scorching hot at of a sudden.  I can't fall asleep tonight. I shall try to pass time until dawn and watch the sunrise tomorrow.

No matter how hard she tried,  she still can't stop thinking about that hot kiss that she shared with Lucas on her 18th birthday. It was only three light pecks, though it got progressively ardent and intense--one after the other. That third kiss really knocked her out of the ball park, considering that she actually returned Lucas's kiss.  Not to mention, the way he gently brushed through her hair as they kissed sent chills down her spine and made her stomach fluttery and jittery. Her mind slowly drifted away out of reality and she no longer became aware of her surroundings. A ruby-eyed wizard with short black hair, draped in loose-fitting,  black and burgundy robes, abruptly appeared out of thin air, crouching on the ledge of the veranda and looming closely to Athanasia's face that their lips almost touched.

"Hi princess, " Lucas whispered in a sarcastic tone.

It only took a few seconds before Athanasia snapped out of it and---

Whack! Whack! Whack!

"Calm down, princess. It's just me, " Lucas reassured. He was rubbing his temples that Athanasia smacked. 

"You bastard! Why is your face so close to mine? Can you just appear normally?" Athanasia shouted frustratedly. 

"...You didn't even respond when I called your name, so I tried to get your attention, " Lucas acquitted. 

"But you could have tried other ways. It's so embarrassing. Your face was so close to mine that we almost kissed, " Athanasia complained with a distressful look.

"It's not our first time kissing. Didn't we kissed three times?" Lucas grinned amusingly. 

"Arrghh, Lucas. Stop reminding me! I can't stop thinking about it!" Athanasia blurted. At that moment, she realized what she just said and covered her mouth.