Late Night Talks

If the night bled, you couldn't see it. Not tonight. The only thing piercing the miles and miles of endless, emotionless darkness was the oppressive glaring moon. The eery tension lies so thick, you can cut it with a butter knife, with only the chirps of crickets and occasional animal noises reminding you that you're not alone in the endless black, which, is a thought perhaps even more scary, than it's alternative.

In short, Kaleb Lachieve was incredibly lonely.

Long gone were the thoughts of calling his girlfriend, Kelsey. She couldn't know about any of this. Nobody could. That is, nobody, except Kaleb. Besides, that would only extend the 'walk' (though really, it's much more of a float, after all, he is testing out his upgraded hover techology for his first first flux-armor) home, and there is only so much that a time dilator could do.

Sounds like there should be a recap.

Kaleb Lachieve was born a prodigy, a genius, he was reading encyclopedia's at the age of 4, played chess and was rated an astonishingly prodigal 2436 fide within his first year of training, solved multiple Rubik's Cubes blindfolded at a time, and EVEN ate with his mouth closed, he was by every means, intelligent.

and eventually he turned 6.

Usually 6 isn't a particularly large benchmark for anything in life. For most kids, it's the age they start going to kindergarten, which was still true for Kaleb, despite the fact that short of the supposed 'social skills' he learned nothing from the reading and maths he was tought there, while he learned algebra and lit 9 at home. 

However, 6 was the time which Kaleb's parents labeled "The Dumbening." That is, the time when Kaleb lost all his brains and became a normal 6 year old. Kaleb remembers every minute of it, from the dissapointed frowns on his parents faces to the rather empty speeches with relatives (who priorly converse with about quantum physics), to the astonished reactions of his chess coaches when his chess rating dropped to a mere 1400.

Of course, it was all an act.

And a rather good one if Caleb had anything to say about it. He thought himself pretty clever for discovering and imitating the behavior of the average 6 year old, despite having the mental prowess of a professor of Physics. That said, he did have the help of a few pyschology books here and there, but he didn't let that ruin his mood. After all, he was, as mentioned, smart in other ways. But what many people don't know about Caleb is that he's not just academic and study smart. 

Really, he's more discovery and danger smart.

You see, the reason that Kaleb started his act was that he started finding some discoveries that he realized were a bit dangerous. Weapons that could launch cities into orbit, pinpoint and kill important people from the other side of the world, you know, your normal doomsday ultimatum weapons. 

Call him altruistic, call him a hero, because he DID decide NOT to use his weapons to take over the world (yet). He decided to save that for a later date. However, he DID realize that he didn't want his parents knowing that their son was an evil genius. So he hid his genius.

Worked like a charm.

So, here we are, back in the present. On a beyond eery night, while an 'evil' genius uses his time dilator and hover technology to sneak back into his bedroom so that his parents won't catch him staying up past curfew. 

What a World.