game day

i walked out of the bathroom at the stadium, feeling my nerves surging through my veins. i wasn't sure how this game was going to end, and that worried me more than anything. it was a complete toss up.

we had come a long way, but i just wasn't sure that it was enough.

i felt someone grab my wrist, and was ready to put my self defense skills to use, when the person turned me around, revealing that it was only guy.

i smiled, placing my hand on his chest, "shouldn't you be getting ready?"

he looked down at me, smirking,"well, i wanted to see you. and i figured we couldn't do this in the locker room."

i nodded solemnly, letting out a facetious sigh, "yeah, too many voyeurs."

guy laughed, before glancing around, to see if anyone was paying attention.

when the coast was clear, he leaned down and caught my lips with his.

"wow," i heard the fatal voice of adam banks, causing guy and i to jump apart,"it's when you least suspect it, huh?"

i gave him an awkward look, clasping my hands together,"sorry."

he shrugged, seemingly unaffected,"no, don't worry about. i'm gonna have to see it sooner or later, so..."

as the conversation lulled, a stale air filling the room, guy cleared throat, deciding to change the subject,"so, uh, what are you doing here, man? are you watching the game?"

adam smiled, shaking his head,"i...i woke up and the pain was gone."

he rotated his wrist around, and i smiled brightly. i felt the odds were much more in our favor with banksie on our side.

"well, we've gotta tell coach," i replied excitedly, practically starting to drag him to the locker room,"come on."

adam laughed as we ran to the locker room, bursting through the doors. guy and i quickly made our way to our stations, needing to get ready hastily.

he was grinning from ear to ear as he grabbed a hockey stick from his cubby,"look, i woke up and the pain was gone."

he fully rotated the stick, proving to us further that he was fine. none of us could contain our excitement, knowing that our star player was back.

but coach was left enthusiastic,"that's great, banks. but we've already got a full roster."

i frowned, pressing my lips together. i felt bad for adam, but coach was right. it was the eleventh hour, it wouldn't be fair to pull someone out of the game.

russ sighed, and looked down, starting to take off his jersey. charlie put a hand on his chest to stop him.

"he can have my spot," charlie announced, causing me to look at him quizzically, as he walked up to coach,"it's what i can do for the team. let me do it."

bombay stared at charlie for a second, trying to analyze the situation. finally, he smiled making his decision,"charlie, i need you on the bench right there coaching with me."

i smiled, glad with the solution, as i slipped on my pads.

we all skated onto the rink as the crowd erupted in cheers.

as we warmed up, i could feel myself becoming a little overwhelmed with all the noise. i shook out my arms and legs trying to get rid of my nerves.

"chen, start us up!" coach called out.

i nodded and got in position, fulton on my left, and dean on my right. they were gonna knock anyone out of my way, if we had planned this well enough.