tattoo

kaitlyn's pov

i'm not jealous or anything. i've never been the jealous type. jealousy is normal, of course. i've just never felt that type of feeling.

uncomfortable is different than being jealous. i know this for a fact. i took psychology class. i know much about emotions and feelings.

cody's been really getting close with this candace friend of his and i'm not the only one who's noticed so. even bri and pais think it's a bit suspicious.

i trust him. i seriously do. i just feel uncomfortable. it's like they hang out every day. any day that i'm not with him per say.

i only see him twice a week. guess where he his for the other five days of the week. with her.

i understand that friends want to hang out with friends and i completely respect that but hanging out almost everyday is a bit weird. i'm sure any normal individual with self respect would definitely agree.

bri checks his snap location every thirty minutes. she's more obsessed with it than i am. she hates cheaters. been cheated on twice. she's an expert at this shit. paisley agrees with me but thinks bri is taking this stalking his every move thing way too far.

bri tells me to cancel our plans today and see if he hangs out with candace instead. i hate cancelling plans so i decide to not listen to her for once.

cody came over and we took a pleasant walk to the beach well until he kept being on his phone.

i'm not obsessive. i just don't think that what he's doing is appropriate and i know that this is my first real relationship but i'm not an idiot.

cody and i get back from our walk and we make our way into the video game room where jaden and anthony are.

"hey, buddies!" i greet the two boys who are focused on their game.

"close the door. kio's studying for his online class and we don't want to disturb him. if he doesn't pass his final then he has to repeat the class again and he needs it to graduate." anthony explains to us.

"is that a new tattoo?" i rush over to look at jaden's new tattoo.

"yeah, just got it. i'm about to get another one on my other arm." he tells me as i stare intensely at the design details.

"holy shit. maybe griffin will let me get one." i am fascinated by the artwork.

"what would you get and where would you get it? hopefully something meaningful. you can't wash those things off." cody blankly asks.

"probably on my rib cage. i want a quote or maybe some birds. butterflies sound cool too!" i begin to trace jaden's tattoo with my finger.

"those aren't meaningful." cody disapproves.

"it's fine, babe. it's my body! i'll be alright." i sweetly reply.

"just don't get a belly button piercing or a nose piercing please." he puts his head down and sighs.

"i was actually suppose to be getting my belly button pierced this week." the excitement in my voice drops.

"belly button piercings are just so... trashy." he gives me a disgusted look.

"actually, they're hot as fuck." jaden admits while biting his lip.

"of course you'd think that." anthony jokes still focusing on the game in front of him.

"i would pound any girl with one." jaden rolls his eyes sexually.

"someone's horny." i tease him and poke his rib cage jokingly.

"fuck off." he pouts.

"don't tell her to fuck off." cody sticks up for me but fails.

"it's a joke, pea brain. chillax. she's used to my teasing. i've been in her life longer than you have so just chillax." jaden snaps.

"yet you have a zero ounce of respect for her." cody barges out of the room.

"i'm sorry about him." i apologize to jaden and take my hand away from his new tattoo.

"don't apologize for him. you're not to blame." he rubs the spot on his arm that i touched and then takes my stitched up hand and looks at it.

"it's healing. i've been taking good care of it each day." i mention.

"i'm just glad you're okay. that day had me worried, bruh." he chuckles.

"shut up." i walk out of the room.

"make me!" he shouts back like the silly idiot he is.

"cody, what's wrong?" i ask my angered looking boyfriend.

"you and jaden. you're always with him. he treats me like shit and always sticks his nose in where it doesn't belong and i'm tired of it. he's so rude to you and toxic and you don't even realize it. you need to cut him off." he sternly orders me.

"i don't think that's necessary." i stare at him in disbelief.

"it makes me uncomfortable." he tells me.

"you and candace make me uncomfortable." i mention while we're on the topic of feeling uncomfortable.

"she's not toxic though. she's a good friend who actually cares about you and i." he tells me but i know he's lying.

"yet you hang out with her more than me." i mutter.

"what was that?" he confusedly questioned.

"nothing. hey, i have to do a few things before griffin gets home." i make up an excuse for cody to go.

"oh gotcha. i'll see you tomorrow." he shortly says before he leaves.

"men piss me off." i groan and throw myself onto the gaming couch and sink down in my seat.

"same," is all jaden could say at first after two minutes of pure silence, "same."

-