𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑴𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑳𝑶V𝑬.

𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑴𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑳𝑶V𝑬

— - — 🌬️🌿🌦️ — - —

prologue 🪽

TENNESSEE, 1955

TENNESSEE, 1955

  🌺  VALENTINA BLOOMED IN THE LATE AUTUMN; at the same time snowdrops and hellebore spouted from the earth, Valentina matured into a beautiful young woman.

Quickly, she changed: she changed her hairstyle (switching from the brunette Vivien Leigh hairstyles she had been obsessed since watching Gone with the Wind five years ago, and returned to her natural blonde with a short curled Marilyn Monroe inspired cut), she changed her clothing (after perfecting her sewing skills she refused to wear her older sister's hand-me-downs and began wearing more of what she liked, more floral and light colored dresses), she changed who she spent her time after school and chores (she wasn't an outcast, but the loss of her baby face and the sculpture of her womanly body, she quickly moved up and the ranks.)

    It was a new stage in her life, and she didn't want to ruin it with anyone discovering her strange powers. She first discovered the connection she had to the earth when Cliff Williams kissed her goodnight on her front porch steps and the sickly eastern redbud tree beside her house instantly grew and showered the teens with vibrant pink flowers, a perfect end to the night. Soon the details of the date were forgotten by her sister and mother when Valentina told her of her new abilities. Teresa said she would pray to the lord for a cure; Evangeline expressed her enthusiasm at having a little witch as a sister, which earned a reprimand from her mother.

    So, they kept it hidden. Except they couldn't do anything to prevent the powers Valentina wasn't capable of controlling from becoming visable. Though winter, fields of lilies and daisies survived the low degree temperatures, along with most of the crops on the Evergreen farm, which was splendid for the extra business ergo profit. The same feeling of summer the plant life felt, was the exact feeling Valentina had in her stomach being Cliff Williams's girlfriend, and potentially future wife. It had been the first time any one had given her this type of attention and attentiveness, so she gave in to his wishes.

The night before the spring dance, behind her barn and under the stars, Valentina allowed him to deflower her. With every inconsistent and uncomfortable thrust, she felt personified petals ripped and crumbled from her soul. Yet, being so gullible, she couldn't differentiate pain and love.

No longer a virgin, Valentina entered the auditorium on the arm of her first love. A pleasant night soon turned tragic. Cliff brought her up to the front of the stage, anxiety filling in the pit of her stomach being the center of attention, but turning to Cliff, she felt calmer—until his words stung her like a thousand hornets.