[ Leech Bros x Reader ] When Land and Sea Meet

Requested by: Thequeen420 on Quotev

"Can you do Jade & Floyd x Female reader?"

Warnings: None

Art: @noraillust ​​​​​​​twitter 

~~~~~

Half-humans in Twisted Wonderland aren't uncommon to see. There are even kingdoms built up by a society of half-humans, whether they're merfolk, werewolves and alike.

However, it is said that a half-human from the sea can never be with a half-human from land, and vice versa (the few exceptions are amphibians). They say that the offsprings of such couples will suffer a luckless life and die prematurely. It would also bring misfortune upon the couple.

It's a scary thought, no?

All half-humans were brought up to take in this cautionary tale, including (y/n) Springleap; a (h/c)-ette bunny girl from the Village of Harvest.

Though considered by many as a meek and passive bunny, she was sorted into Savannaclaw due to her brute will and determination to be in the police force, just like one of her many sisters.

Upon arriving at the prestigious Night Raven College, which had just recently accepted female students, she bumped into two very tall students on the first day. While on the ground, her ears flopped down seeing the monsters reaching down, but her nerves calmed down after seeing their smiles.

They didn't pose much harm to the bunny girl and in fact were apologetic to her. And soon they all went their merry way, but it wouldn't be the last they'd see each other.

Throughout the year, (y/n) would bump into one of the twins while on some fetch-quests for Leona. Eventually those short greetings became long discussions of any subject. Sometimes they'd end up lasting for hours, and possibly even more had it not been for Ruggie dragging (y/n) away to get her to help with him on another of Leona's tasks.

Whenever that would happen, the Leech bros would get upset. Jade, who enjoyed the bunny's intellectual discourse with him, would usually have to hold back Floyd, who would just miss holding and cradling the small girl under him.

Time went by, and the trio's friendship became more and more close. The twins would often find themselves finding time off Mostro Lounge just to catch up with the bunny. And likewise, (y/n) would sneak away from Leona and Ruggie to meet up with them.

After one of their hang-outs, the Leech twins found Azul by the bar cleaning the desk. Azul stared at them, quite annoyed, "You went off again with that bunny girl no? The place was so crowded I had to come in and help myself."

"It was technically our off-day Azul-san, you can't exactly blame us for not joining," Jade countered while setting aside the empty glasses on the bar for Floyd to pick up.

"Yee~ What's wrong anyway boss~? There doesn't seem to be much trouble, ne~?" Floyd scurried to put the glasses away in the back kitchen.

Azul sighed, something else on his mind that he wanted to speak out for a while. He finally gave up bottling it up and bluntly said, "You know you both can't be with her, right?"

An awkward tension was left in the air.

Jade lowered his fedora, muttering, "We are quick aware, Azul."

Floyd popped in from the back kitchen, "Well, who cares if Shrimp-chan can't be with us. It's just some myth anyway!"

Floyd pouted, clearly upset with Azul. Jade opened his arms and embraced his brother, rubbing gentle circles on his back.