Chapter 18: Undead Alive

Chapter 18

Undead Alive

“Don’t get in my way!” The girl shouted and she swung an attack that crushed the rock.

“You’re the one getting in my way!” He retorted and jumped back, using the dust clouds to conceal the arrow he fired aimed at the target’s head.

The girl, in a split second reflex, used a Dark Shield to defend herself and the force of the attack knocked her off a few steps. Then she saw on her peripheral vision that the man was about to release another arrow so she clenched her fists and stomped the ground like a halberd.

On her actions, a strong tremor and a loud explosion occurred, outbalancing the nearby TGG and Sylph forces and robbing the Archer of his steady ground.

Cramer’s second arrow’s trajectory was slightly off target as it slightly grazed the girl’s cheek 15m away.

“Superb! Hahaha…!!” Cramer happily yelled. “This is how fights should be! GRAAA…”

Cramer felt real joy as he rushed towards the girl’s direction, changed his bow to the shield and started an attack that the girl wasn’t familiar with. Still, she had the experience of what that rush could do and so she stayed out of its trajectory, saving herself as it crushed the ground where she stood.

“Got you!” She shouted, twist her body, and used the Dark Spear like a giant scythe to slash the middle of the dust clouds where the man was supposed to be.

CLANG!

The sound of colliding metals rang and the man got thrown off 30 degrees towards the sky with great force.

He emerged from the clouds embracing the shield tightly and their eyes met for a split second time. She tried to attack again and threw the Dark Spear but got surprised as the man twisted his body in midair and switched weapons into the bow.

It all happened in a high speed moment and the man released the arrow that met with the Dark Spear. Of course, the dark weapon was superior so the man was instead blown off away from her.

Curiously, the man looked minimally damaged as there was the shield that protected him from the severe direct damage.

The man landed on his legs and the two paused, had a moment to glare each other, and began their attacks in a contest of two archers once again. 

“I won’t let you have your way! He’s my target!”

The girl’s arrow took a weird glow as is Cramer’s too that shone a bright red.

They released their arrows, both almost met in mid air, and the two dodged and released normal arrows.

“Hahaha…this is it! This is the fight I was searching for! Hahaha…!!” 

Cramer felt that he was in ecstasy as him and her didn’t notice a crowd falling down their way. It was the TGG and the Sylphs, their second wave of attackers, a group composed of Air Infantry Units with their wings on their flight armors looking like giant birds of prey.

The TGG landed first that made the girl smile, but it was a group who did not seem to notice anything and instead went towards another direction.

Cramer was also baffled by this and looked at the direction they were going. She and him was actually taken by surprise as the group began to cast spells, release their arrows, and rushed towards the masked intruder fighting off the Masked Men.

The two returned to look at each other and forfeited their fight as they also followed on their direction.

“Wait!”