Chapter 2

"Goodbye Ashleigh. I'll see you next week." Beth said as I exited her office.

"Yeah. Bye." I muttered.

"C'mon sweetie. Let's go home." My mom said as she wrapped her arm around my shoulders, holding me close to her.

In the car it was silent all the way home. When we pulled in the driveway I unbuckled my seatbelt and hopped out the door starting towards my bedroom when my mom stopped me.

"Ash, you're going to have to find some way to deal with this. Whether it's talking with Beth about it or not. She's just trying to help you. I'm just trying to help you." My mom said.

I nodded my head lightly and headed inside as my mom carried in the groceries.

I do that a lot now. Nodding my head. I don't talk as much as I used to. Back in Beth's office...that was just a freak out. I haven't talked that much since the accident. I usually just stay inside my room, I get food when my mom's not around and I have a stash in my room, I go to school, I don't talk to any of my friends anymore. They all always have soft looks on their faces. They say they're just caring for me. I say they're just pitying me. I go home, I don't even go to hug my mom I just walk right through the front door and up the stairs to my room, where I spend the rest of the night watching Nate's and my favorite shows.

As I was running up the stairs I noticed that the table was set for dinner. It had 5 placemats on it. If my mom expects me to have dinner with whoever is going to be here tonight, she is sadly mistaken.

I went inside my room and got started on my homework. As soon as I heard my mom shut the car door, indicating she's done getting the groceries out, I made my way into the hallway. My mom walked through the door and into the kitchen. I crept down the stairs and waited for an opportunity to go in.

"Sweet dreams are made of these, who am I to disagree, travel the world and the seven seas, everybody's looking for some-oh my I need to go to the bathroom." She said as she exited the kitchen and entered the bathroom.

I tiptoed inside the kitchen and started looking through the bags. There were Oreos, chips, fruit, cup of noodles, Lobster, wait lobster. Why is there lobster and spaghetti ingredients and garlic bread? Is that what's for dinner? Why is she making such a fancy dinner? Who in the world is coming over that she wants to impress? I shook my head and just grabbed a bunch of snacks and two cans of soda and headed upstairs and into my room.