A Day with Iwa-chan

Me and Iwa-chan are walking to the park, like we always do after school.

"Iwa-chan, we've been dating for almost a year and you still haven't taken me on a date!"

I can see the annoyance on Iwa-chan's face. It makes me want to laugh, but I know better than that. I hold the laughter in.

"Grrr... fine. I'll take you on a date. How about this. Meet me at my house at around six, and I'll take you to dinner." He looks away, though I can still see his ears turning red.

I giggle softly. "Okay, Iwa-chan! I'll see you then!" Then I run down the street, towards my house so that Iwa-chan can't see me blushing.

It's currently 5:30. It takes about five minutes to get to Iwa-chan's house by bike. I keep an eye on the clock.

5:40

5:45

5:50.

Well, it's almost time, so I guess I should get going. I head outside and hop on my bike. I'm so nervous. Where's he going to take me? A fancy restaurant or something? I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, so hopefully not.

Soon, I arrive at Iwa-chan's house. Before I can knock on the door, Iwa-chan opens it.

"Hey, Trashykawa." Iwa-chan says.

I pout. "I thought we agreed no more mean nicknames!"

He rolls his eyes. "Fine. How's Toru, then?"

I feel myself blush. Iwa-chan just called me by my first name!!! "Y-yeah, that's fine. But I'm not going to call you Hajime! Your still Iwa-chan!"

That earns me another eye roll. "Whatever you say. Toru."

"Alright then. Iwa-chan. Where are we gonna go to dinner?"

"Would that sushi restaurant down the street be okay?" He asks, sounding a little nervous.

"Yeah, I love sushi!" I say.

"Alright. Do you want to just walk? It's not too far."

I think for a moment. The sushi restaurant in question is about a mile away in the center of town. A mile walk with Iwa-chan...

"Yeah! Sounds great!" I say, a little too quickly.

"Alright. Let's go, then." Iwa-chan says. He put his wallet and his phone in his pocket.

We walk down the street in awkward silence. A few times, I attempt to start a conversation, but whenever I open my mouth to speak, no words come out. I take a deep breath.

"S-so. This is our first date, then. You nervous, Iwa-chan?" I tease.

He blushes and looks away. "No! Of course not! I'm not nervous at all!"

Yep. He's nervous.

"Aww, Iwa-chan, don't be nervous!"

He tries to slap me. I duck on instinct.

"Iwa-chan! You missed?! How is that even possible?! Your the great Iwa-chan!"

"Shut up, Stupidka- I mean, Toru!"

That just makes me laugh. Though Iwa-chan must be really nervous. He never misses.

Soon, we reach the restaurant. We sit down at a table near the windows. Outside is the town square, with a fountain and a swing set. Maybe we could hang out there afterwards? Maybe...

"Hello! Can I get you two something to drink?" The waitress asks.

"I'll have some tea." I say.

"Just water for me." Iwa-chan says.

"Okay then! Tea and water, coming right up!" She leaves.

"So. How has your sister Aiko been?" Iwa-chan asks.

"Oh! She's been great! Remember that girl from the bakery, Mel-senpai? (She's an OC in my Help from Aliens fanfic) Aiko actually is going to the same college as her. They share a dorm." I answer.

"Oh yeah. Mel-senpai was the best. I still can't believe that bakery shut down..."

"I know, right? That bakery was the best..."

We sit in silence for a moment, remembering. Then our drinks come.

"Are you two ready to order yet?" The waitress asks.

I look at Iwa-chan and nod.

"Yep," he says. "We'll get the dumplings for an appetizer."

"Alright!" She leaves with our order.

We sit in mostly silence until the dumplings come. Then we order our sushi (we got California roll, Philadelphia roll and Volcano roll). After we finish eating, the waitress brings the bill.

"Here, I'll pay, Iwa-chan." I say, taking out my wallet.

He slaps my arm. "No you won't. I'm the one taking you on a date, remember? Not the other way around. So I'm paying."

"Fiiiine."

After Iwa-chan pays, we walk over to the fountain in the square.

"Iwa-chan, wanna get some ice cream? I'll pay."

"Sure."

There's an ice cream stand in the square. I get chocolate soft serve, and Iwa-chan gets vanilla soft serve.

"That's such a boring flavour," I tease.

"Oh, shut up, Toru. Chocolate isn't any better." I can tell he's joking when he says that.

I laugh. "Aww, Iwa-chan, did I make you mad? I'm sorry." I lace sarcasm into my voice.

His face turns red. Why's he blushing? Then it returns to it's normal colour, and he laughs.

"T-Toru, you've g-got i-ice cream all over your face," he says, unable to control his laughter.

I blush and try to wipe it off with a napkin.

"It's still there... here, I'll help." Iwa-chan says.

He takes the napkin and steps closer. My heart races. He wipes the ice cream off my face. I blush. He's so... close...

I cover my face with my arms so he can't see me blushing.

"Toru?" He says, moving my arms. "Aww, Toru. Are you embarrassed?" He teases.

"W-what? N-no, of course n-not..."

"Why're you stuttering then?" He asks, leaning even closer.

"I-Iwa-chan... Wait..."

He pulls back a little, with a slightly hurt expression on his face. "What is it?"

"I..." I can't think of what to say. So instead, I lean forward, and...

Kiss him. I kissed Iwa-chan. I instantly pull back. Was it too soon to kiss him? Maybe I shouldn't have...

I look down. "I-I'm sorry, Iwa-chan, I should've asked your permission first..."

He grabs my hand. I look up at him. "It's fine." He says. "Really."

I smile at him. "I love you, Iwa-chan,"

"I love you too, Toru."

After that, Iwa-chan walks me home. And that concludes me and Iwa-chan's first date.