Regret

I'm sure there aren't many things you'll come to regret in life... But you'll regret this. You'll regret pushing her to the point of leaving you behind. You'll regret every opportunity you missed to let her know she was your #1. You'll regret giving another guy the chance to see her how you should have seen her, beautiful, irreplaceable- a one in a million. She let you break down her walls and climb inside her heart and you chiseled away at it as she loved you with every beat. Eventually the love she had for you could not be contained in that busted heart... Slowly she realized you would never treat her in the way she hoped you would or love her the way she longed for so she loosened her grip on her hopes and slowly let you slip out of the cracks of her broken heart. Now you get to watch as he repairs what you have broken. He will fill the cracks you left behind with the love that he gives to her- until her heart is whole again.. It is then, when you see her whole, happy, beautiful and in love... You will regret it. When you see all the love she had to give and you are not the one receiving it. You'll regret it. Every time you see her, you will hang your head, not in shame, but in sadness and disappointment in yourself. And then you'll realize at one point in time YOU had her, more importantly you had her heart. You had her-but you lost her.. and in that moment of realization and every moment after... you'll regret it.