Mind your mind

Sans was sitting, which was normal for him, phalanges laced together against his jawbone.

A perplexed look had taken his brow captive- not too uncommon, again. Sans sitting whilst thinking? Now that was rare. His stare was fixed ahead, unmoving as he struggled to keep his thoughts together. You had managed to hijack his brain after a healthy five minutes, like all good pets and lil' crushes before you. He was a hopeless romantic- a serial womaniser in his books. And once he had his skull screwed on for someone- that was it till he won you over. However, he didn't like his dealt hand in all this- Grillby was refusing to negotiate- to cooperate, that, and you still hadn't given him your answer. He wasn't one to take without permission.

He fancied himself a gentleman. The suave billionaire type. If you had've ever told that to W.D he would've laughed in your face plainly. Sans was far from it. Far from it indeed. Speaking of, the skeleton watched from the reflective glass of the window ahead, watching you struggle with his crate as Grillby brought up the rear of the trip. How cute.

"Here we are sir,"

The almost lead-weight crate was slammed down on the bar-stooled bench with a heavy thud. The skeleton barely acknowledged you from his hunched slump, tilting his head slightly to watch as you busied yourself with signing the date down on your pad of paper. "That's your rent for this month, would you like to order anything else today??" You smiled sweetly in question. Maybe order some regard for others? And a new bell while you're at it?! It was then the skeleton chuckled slightly, a low, slurring rumble, as if sensing your thoughts before he began gently. "An answer would be nice, lil' lady. Ya still haven't given me one." He said, referring to your earlier blank.

You pinked with shame, lowering your paper pad slightly as you stared at him, unnerved. He leisurely leaned against the back rest of the stool, smirking as he fiddled idly with the golden pen in his hand. "She dosent have to answer to the likes of you Sans." Grillby defended, touching your shoulder reassuringly as Sans barked out a throaty laugh. Now Grillby had decided to grow some? About damn time- he was almost getting bored with pushing the little flame about. This was getting interesting. Sans was about to tear into him before the voice of W.D beside him intruded.

"We'll just have a black coffee with hotcakes—" "Extra mustard!" Sans input grouchily. "Yes, yes- the extra mustard— and could you bring us some napkins my dear? My brother tends to be a slob when he eats. He's really a Neanderthal in modern clothing." W.D drawled in hidden smirk, Sans' fists clenched. He wouldn't let him under his bones- he wouldn't let him under his bones—!! "Oh and could you—?" "That'll be all, toots." Sans barely growled out from beneath his rage, W.D chuckling as Grillby spun you by your shoulder, marching towards the pass before you could read the room. As soon as you disappeared, Sans whipped furiously to the figure, seething: "What the hell was that for?!!" He hissed through gritted teeth, like air hissing through a pressure pump. W.D simply smiled in disregard.

"I simply love embarrassing you in front of your ...interests- a 'psychological tick' of yours you could call it. I like to observe..." Sans growled, almost animalistic before W.D tutted. "The behaviour of an animal isn't acceptable in this society Sans, the humans value decency- a decency they lack with their vile actions. Humans are walking contradictions- which is how we gain head over them. I'm thinking a thirty percent increase in this area, bribing the cops should be no hard work on your part." W.D dangled a thin sheet in front of him. Sans pried it from his holed-in grip, glancing over it. His sockets held but little interest as he handed it back over with a grunt. "I'll get it done tonight..." "And it had better be done to my satisfaction— no loopholes for them to weasel through." W.D warned. "No loopholes. Got it." Sans mumbled distractedly. W.D tilted his body, peering at Sans' side. "Sans are you even listening?" Unresponsive, the skeleton in question sighed.