lix. Uprising of Frozen Fruit

❝i'll never be that me again❞

i'll never be that me again

b.m.

△△△

"Do you think-"

"All the time. I'm a great thinker, you know."

"That's not what I meant. Do you think-" Kira tried again.

"Yep." Connor said, slurping his noodles for lunch.

"Will you quit that, I'm trying to ask you something," Kira said, hitting his arm softly.

"Ask away."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Connor said, waiting.

"Now I forgot what I was going to say!" Kira announced, glaring at the son of Hermes. He just gave her a noodle smile. She grimaced.

She sat at Hermes table today for lunch. Normally, Connor told her, the table would be overrun with demigods, but after Percy had made the gods promise to claim their children, they had kept their promise. The Hermes cabin table was practically empty.

She rolled her eyes, smiling at the dumb boy. She finished her lunch, making sure she had time to take a walk in the woods.

She had meant to find Bunker Nine, but she got distracted by some daises, and somehow ended up at the camp archway.

She glanced behind her, the familiar scene of camp making her feel at ease, making sure no one was following, and continued through the archway. She knew Mr. D or Chiron would feel her presence leave camp, but she figured she would have couple minutes before they found her.

She trailed a stream carelessly, letting her mind roam.

She missed Leo. That was obvious, but she had wished it had gotten easier. Everyone told her it would get easier. But here she was, 183 days, and still hurting just as much as day 1, just better at covering it up.

Her mind was torn with worry as well. Campers had been disappearing from camp for the last couple months, and it took a toll on Kira. She felt responsible, and she argued with Chiron for hours to try to convince her to let her lead a quest to find the missing campers, will no prevail.

Ellis was one of the people that had gone missing. He was her first sibling to make her feel at home was gone. She had grown close with him before he had disappeared, and Kira thought that he was just another person that she had failed.

She was about to make her way back to camp to avoid getting in trouble, she had a position to maintain now as head counselor, plus with all the demigods going missing she knew it probably wasn't safe to stay out in the woods too long.

Just before she was about to turn around, she heard a loud voice. "BLOFIS!"

She frowned at the unfamiliar voice, but made her way towards it in curiosity.