Chapter 3: Lady Tsunade & Questions

The Hokage was a bit different than I expected. I had heard many tales about her, even before she became Hokage and many did not put her in a great light. The one thing that all of them had correct though was the presence of her ginormous rack. 'Geez how does her back support those.' I didn't really listen as Kakashi explained the incident at the front gate. Instead I focused on the little pig being held by the lady standing next to the Hokage. 

The pig seemed to see me as well, because soon she was struggling in the arms of her handler in an attempt to greet me. I smiled at it. Animals really love me.  "First, I want to ask you your name." The Hokage all but demanded, after being filled in on the situation. I looked away from the pig only briefly to meet her firm blue eyes. "I don't have one." I waved my hand dismissively at the question before going back to watching the pig do all it can to get away from the lady holding it. It was almost comical how hard she was struggling to hold the creature. 

"You don't have a name or you don't want to tell it to me?" The Hokage demanded. I glanced at her again to see that she had been looking back and forth between me and her struggling assistant. "I don't have one. Never did." I answered truthfully, finally looking at the Hokage. "Also can I pet the pig? It's really cute and seems to want to meet me." I reasoned to the surprise of all the inhabitants of the room. 

Lady Tsunade eyed me for a moment. I could tell that she was inspecting my relaxed stance for any sign of an impending attack and could feel her searching my eyes for a few seconds before a small smile creeped across her face. "I see and yes you may pet Tonton. Shizune." She gestured for the lady holding Tonton to bring me the pig. I smiled and happily accepted the animal as she handed her to me. Tontons soft nose ran across my neck and cheek as I pet her, making me giggle. "Aren't you just the sweetest!" I cooed at the creature. 

I was brought back to the situation by Kakashi nudging me. I glanced at him for only a second before sighing and returning to my conversation with the Hokage. "Why are you here?" She asked next and I shrugged. "I guess you could call it curiosity. I've been travelling all my life and this is one of the few places I have yet to see." She nodded. I watched as she clasped her hands in front of her face, closing her eyes in thought. "Where did you learn how to move like that if you are not a ninja may I ask?" She asked after a few moments of contemplation. 

"I taught myself, I guess. I've always been a bit hardier than others and I do like to study in my free time. I also taught myself to read you see." I answered honestly. "So why would you lie about your intentions in the village?" This time the question came from the intense looking guy that let us in. 'I see, he must be part of their villages interrogation corps' I mused internally.

 I deadpanned, "I don't have any money." This sparked some laughter in Guy who reached over an rubbed my head like one would a child. "Not an enemy ninja, just a skilled bum huh?" The interrogation guy asked and I shrugged. "Basically. A lot of villages don't really like anyone who does not intend on even paying for housing staying for too long. I usually lie so it will take a while before anyone important really catches on. It worked in the other hidden villages I've been too." I grumbled the last sentence with a dramatic pout. This caused Guy to laugh again. 

"She's so full of youth! Lady Tsunade you have to let her stay, she hasn't done anything wrong." Guy spoke up and I suddenly looked up at him with a new light in my eyes. I slung my arm around his waist and gave a close eyed smile with a thumbs up. "What he said!" I chirped and Guy laughed again putting his arm over my shoulders and also smiling at the Hokage. I imagined little halos shining down on us as I did my best to look the part of the innocent young girl. Tsunade sighed at the sight of us while Kakashi and the other guy seemed to be entirely done with this conversation. Shizune hovered nearby as I had handed her Tonton after a few moments of petting during my conversation. 

"Under normal circumstances I would allow you to stay as long as you were supervised but, if you have traveled as much as you claim you should be aware of the state of the world at the current moment." Tsunade began pausing to see if I had acknowledged her. I released Guy and gave a firm nod, finally adopting a serious facade. "Yes. Those assholes with the red clouds on their cloaks have bumped into me a few times now." I muttered, rubbing my shoulder as it ached at the thought of my last altercation with the one and only Itachi Uchiha. Nice guy. Not so nice group of friends. Ugh. 

Lady Tsunade suddenly placed her hands on her desk causing a loud sound and what sounded like wood cracking. Everyone else in the room also stood at attention, any light hearted feelings gone. "You've encountered the Akatsuki?" Tsunade demanded and I nodded firmly. "Really only Itachi Uchiha and the one who looks like a humanoid fish with a weird sword." I answered honestly. I couldn't help but note the extreme stiffness in the room. I knew of Itachi's past and that he was a defected leaf ninja so I was not surprised by this tension. 

"Well, this just further proves that the solution I was about to give is the only one." Tsunade said after a moment of contemplation. "Ibiki, I want you to question her. No force necessary as long as she cooperates and answers each question truthfully. 'Ibiki huh?' I noted as I gave another once over to the man from the interrogation corps. "That's fine with me. I will answer any questions you have about my intentions within your village and my knowledge of happenings within the Akatsuki." I spoke calmly. "I do warn that any questions not directly pertaining to these matters will not be answered." Lady Tsunade thought for a second before nodding to Ibiki. 

"Agreed. As long as you answer the ones we need to determine any threat you may pose to the village you will not be asked to answer the ones that do not pertain to yourself or anything personal you would not like us to know." I smiled again. "Alright then, Ibiki my friend, let's get this over with so I can go try that ramen I smelled on my way in!" I cheered and the tension seemed to leave the room as quickly as it came. "Fine." Ibiki grunted and I waved bye to Kakashi and Guy as well as Lady Tsunade and Shizune before following him out.