Well isn't that just Lovely

Tom Riddle definitely did not wish to experience birth again and while he appreciates not being dead, he really dislikes being an infant. So he was born with a scowl on his face and predictably refuses to cry. As a man of barely any emotion he predictably does not feel bad about worrying his new mother, in fact he's rather annoyed by her coddling. Though needless to say when he hears his new name for the first time he is shocked to the core and therefore starts crying due to loss of control of his baby body.

'Merlin eh, well isn't that just Lovely.' He remarked inwardly sure being the greatest wizard of all time is great, the responsibility that comes with it not so much. The fact at the time magicals are killed the moment people so much as suspect they have magic is even less great. The fact he will have to babysit a muggle king in the future is not his idea of a good career choice. The fact he knows if he does not do so will bring absolute ruin to the world and magic itself is the only reason he would ever do this. He sighs as he closes his eyes to not think about his duties anymore.

~Scene Change~

In the kingdom of Camelot Harry Potter proceeds to unknowingly express the same sediment as Tom Riddle as he is born as Arthur Pendragon. Though he really questions if he was supposed to be born with magic, not that he isn't thankful of not being born a Muggle but as far as he's aware the person he was just born as is not supposed to have it.

And thus the first change to the tale of Albion begins with the prophesied duo's birth.

AN: I clearly couldn't help myself to not write the idea that popped into my head while reading a Merlin fanfiction.