33

Den's POV

I decided to bring Aly with me, Veronica invited me to have lunch with them. I accepted it. Of course, I need to pretend that his son and I are in good terms now, they're starting to lose huge amount of money because of Ronald Ho's gambling addiction. Bang told me that Veronica ordered Chen to make me fall for him then, I'll marry him, tapos siya na magpapatakbo ng ARVLDZ Malls, napaka kapal.

"You better get going." Aly said.

I look at him confused. He smiled at me.

"Gawin mo kung ano yung plano mo, I won't interfere. Anyway, I've decided to roam around the mall, first time ko mapupuntahan yon. Just call me if susunduin ka na namin." He said.

I gave him a peck on his lips before going out of our car. I took a glance at my engagement ring then smiled. I entered the restaurant and immediately saw Chen and his mom and dad. I walk near them and sit down on the chair beside Chen.

"Wow, you two look good together." Veronica said.

I want to roll my eyes hearing what she just said. Parang dati lang, tutol na tutol siya, focus, Dennise. You need to focus. Oh yeah. I almost forgot.

"Thank you, Ma'am." I said while showing my sweet but poisonous smile.

"Call us Mom and Dad. Doon rin naman punta niyo ni Chen." Veronica said while smiling.

"Nakakahiya naman po." I lied.

Aly remove the word hiya in my vocabulary. He taught me how to be confident about everything. The food came, Chen's placing food on my plate.

"So, Den. I thought you fix things for the Valdez, you didn't told me you're the President." Veronica said.

"Ah, yes po. I'm the President but I fix things for them lalo na sa ARVLDZ Malls."

"Oh, Chen can help you with that once you guys got married." Ronald Ho finally speak up.

"I see." I said then continued eating.

I texted Aly to pick me up around 12:30 since it's just 11 am. He just said okay. I put my phone back inside my pocket and pretend that I'm glad eating with them.

"So, gaano ka-tagal ka ng nagtatrabaho sa mga Valdez?" Ronald asks.

"I've known them for 7 years but I started working for them when I finished my Bachelor's Degree, so 5 years, I guess." I said.

"Oh, dapat mag Masters Degree ka na." Veronica said.

"Actually, I'm already done with that." I said.

Right now, I want to focus on my work, but I'm thinking about taking DBA because Aly will take his DBA next year.

"So, what's your next plan?" Veronica asked.

"For now? Naka focus pa ako sa company."