[Chapter Sixteen - "Shut up and Kiss me"]

Eddie was sitting through his last period, doodling aimlessly in his spanish notebook. He looked up at the clock, seeing it read 10 minutes to the end of class. He looked through his bag, digging through his seemingly countless pill containers, packing up his stuff, casually pushing aside the card that was so delicately placed between his binders so it wouldn't crease and fold. Instead of listening to the lesson, he watched the clock tick by, each second passed being represented by the silenced tick of an arm of the clock moving.

He left the second the bell rang, not hesitating to leave the room, only to be met with someone running into him, mumbling something under their breath before walking off, leaving Eddie to stand there, arms wrapped around himself as people started to fill the halls around him. He started walking in whichever direction held the least people, finding himself walking out the back doors of the school. He leaned against the wall, sliding down before hugging his knees. 'Why- why am I feeling like this again?' He thought to himself, shaking slightly before hearing the door he had just come through slam open. "P-please don't-" He started, his voice wavering

"Eds? What the fuck are you okay? I saw someone run into you and then you came out here-" Richie said before going and sitting next to Eddie, leaving some distance so he wouldn't push any of the smaller boy's boundaries. "You know i'm here, whenever you-" He felt Eddie move closer to him and rest his head on Richie's shoulder. "It happened again?" Richie said as he wrapped an arm around Eddie's shoulder.

"Yeah- and it ruined my plan, I was going to go to your class and surprise you so you didn't have to wait outside school like you always do." Eddie mumbled before burying his face in Richie's neck. He felt the person next to him stand up, picking up Eddie in the process, who wrapped his legs around Richie's waist "I can walk asshole" He mumbled, still not looking up from Richie's shoulder. "I'm a perfectly capable human being"

"I know Eddie Spaghetti, but you seem tired, so I shall carry you to somewhere in the school where we can vibe in peace." He said with a smile before going and entering the now empty hallways and making his way over to the 'closed' library. He carefully held onto Eddie with one hand while grabbing a key out of his pocket, earning a confused look from the boy in his arms "I've been a library aid for three years now, I have a spare key, though I probably shouldn't" Richie said with a laugh.

They got in, going to one of the cushioned benches that laid on the ends of each bookshelf. Eddie laid on the bench while Richie sat on the arm of it, going through Eddie's stuff out of boredom. "Gimme My backpack, you're gonna mess up all my stuff and it's organized well,"
Eddie said, trying to grab his backpack, only for Richie to pull it away. Eddie panicked for a second, remembering what was in his bag
"No seriously Rich, give it back" He said, trying to take his bag back again, only to just knock it out of Richie's hands, causing his stuff to scatter on the floor.

"Shit sorry I'll clean it up, and I'm not gonna steal anything of yours spaghetti" He said as he started to gather the binders and notebooks and put them back in his backpack. There were a few pens on the floor that Richie went to pick up, only realizing that an envelope was laying not that far from them. He went over and grabbed it, turning it over and seeing git said his name "What's this Eds?" Richie asked as he showed Eddie.

"Shit- I was gonna give that to you later- just give it back rich" Eddie said, sitting up and grabbing for it, only to see Richie open it carefully "seriously rich it's not like important you don't have to read it right now" he mumbled

Richie pulled out a couple pictures of Eddie and him, some of which he recognized, some of which he didn't. On the bottom of each had a date and a label, saying when each moment happened. Richie smiled as he looked through the pictures, seeing one of him and Eddie being cuddled during lunch while arguing, and laughing at the memories "oh my god you were yelling at me in this because I pronounces lasagna with the 'g'" he said with a smile as he flipped through some more, seeing one of the two of them laughing in a hot tub while Eddie sat in Richie's lap "oh! And in this quoted the 'two guys chillin in a hot tub 5 feet apart cause they're not gay" and you just yelled 'what the fuck we both like dick Richie, everything you said is factually incorrect' god, you're such a riot sometimes" he said with a smile before pulling up one of him and Eddie laying by the quarry, and the caption said 'you're my world, you always have been, but what's will you be in the future?' Richie looked up at the pictures and saw Eddie smiling but wiping away a tear.

"Rich- I was going to your class so I could ask if you wanted to be- words are fucking stupid- doyouwannabemyboyfriend?" Eddie said, looking at the ground and speaking louder than anticipated.

"I beg your pardon my good sir?" Richie said with a smile so bright it could light up the darkest of rooms. "I don't think I caught what you said" he hummed before sitting next to Eddie, lazily slinging an arm around his shoulder, leaning obnoxiously close, surprised by the fact Eddie didn't shove him away out of annoyance.

Eddie exhaled softly before looking up at Richie, staring him dead in the eyes "Trashmouth, do you want to be my boyfriend" he said with crossed arms, his expression telling Richie that Eddie was just waiting for rejection.

"I heard you the first time Eds, I just thought It was cute how you rushed through it, and i wanted to hear it again" Richie said with a smirk, seeing Eddie looking at him mouth agape "You're supposed to be the smart one spaghetti- did you really think-" He started, watching Eddies expression drop as he heard what sounded like a rejection "That I would say no after all we've been through" he added before pulling Eddie in for a kiss, letting it linger for a second before pulling away "Of course I'll be your boyfriend you asthmatic freak" he joked

"Chee, what the fuck I thought you were going to say no!" Eddie said in annoyance before shoving Richie, only to climb into his lap facing him, only for richie to continue teasing him. Oh shut up and kiss me Tozier" he said while shaking his head out of sarcastic
annoyance, only for Richie to oblige and kiss him quickly, smiling into it, because how could he not smile at a time like this? "Much better, But did you like the pictures and the notes- I asked the losers for pictures they had- apparently Bev saw us kiss at the quarry- I think she was stalking me but she's sworn to secrecy." Eddie mumbled, not having to speak loudly because of the all distance between the two "I was gonna bring you to the quarry and it was gonna be romantic but noooo your nosy ass ruined it"

"It was perfect my spaghetti man" Richie said happy before kissing Eddie's cheek "and tell Bev to sleep with one eye open because that was a private moment!" he added before the two started to laugh senselessly, sharing memories of their chaotic lives, basking in the moment. They had finally got each other, officially that is.