Chapter 2

One week have passed and I can say that so far so good naman ang college life ko. Sa one week na yun, wala kaming ibang ginawa kundi makipagkilala sa mga prof and even to my blockmates. There's nothing to worry about as of now since our profs informed us that ngayon pa lang magsisimula ang actual discussion, so the past week was actually for "chill lang" period.

"Are you done with your article?" Marga asked.

"Not yet." I didn't bother to look at her since I was too focused on what I'm reading.

"It's boring right?" She heaved a sigh. "I mean, it's easy to do this activity but the major problem is boredom, especially to people like me who hates reading."

"Well you better start to love reading now." I laughed.

We're reading an article that was given by our prof a while ago, it's like proofreading but not exactly. He gave us pointers on how to know if an information was legit or hoax.

"Nakakatamad talaga, should I shift course?" Sabi pa nya sabay dukdok sa table.

Agad naman akong napalingon sa kanya saka sya sinabunutan. "Gaga. One week pa lang ang nakakalipas and you're actually considering that?"

"Okay fine. Hindi na, I will not leave you." She gave me a crooked smile so I rolled my eyes in return.

Sa one week na lumipas, I can say that I know my blockmates already. But Marga is the only person whom I consider as my "actual friend", I don't know. I'm actually friendly in nature but I don't feel like mingling with my other blockmates.

Especially that Arianna girl, eversince our conversation at the restroom, she didn't even look at me nor acknowledge my presence. Feeling ko ayaw nya sa'kin, hindi ko alam pero ayun ang pakiramdam ko. But oh well, the feeling is mutual naman. Hindi naman sya kawalan.

"By the way, did you hear the news?"

"What news?"

"Uso pala dito yung magkakaibang klase depending on the subject." She said while highlighting a part of her article. "Check your sched dali, kanina ko lang kasi nakita sa portal ko."

I did what I was told, I opened my portal and checked my schedule. There's some changes lang naman but overall, my sched was still the same.

Pinakita ko naman sa kanya yung sched ko and she did the same to me. Chineck namin if may subject kami na hindi kami classmates.

"Etong News Writing and Production for BIEM, hindi tayo tugma ng sched." I pointed out.

"Oh yeah, I'm with BA Broadcasting 2C." She stared at it for a moment. "Wait! That's unfair! Why am I with 2nd year students? Ano ako dun? Panggulo?"

"Oh come on, don't act like a paranoid child. You're with some of our blockmates naman." I consoled her.

"How about you? Saan ka nasama?" Sinilip nya pa yung phone ko.

Sabay naming tiningnan yung sched ko. And when we read it, Marga burst out laughing. What the hell!

"You're with a different course! Mas maswerte pa pala ako." She can't stop laughing because of my misfortune.

I'M WITH BA JOURNALISM 1A!

What the actual fuck!

***

Kumain na lang kami ni Marga after that, parang nawalan ako ng ganang tapusin yung article ko. Bakit naman ganun? I can already feel the awkwardness in that class. Why can't they put me with a section with my same course? Kahit pa 4th year yan hindi na ako magrereklamo.