Hybrid

The walk was getting harder as the four of us moved up the mountain

The walk was getting harder as the four of us moved up the mountain. The sun was setting, which turned the sky orange and purple. My braids started to frizzy from the humidity.
"We got about a mile left." Alaric informed. "Thank God." I sigh. "The suns about to set." Damon acknowledged. "I can see that, Damon." Elena sighs. "I'm just saying." He sings. "The moon doesn't reach its apex for a while. We still got time." Elena explains.
The sound of twigs snapping stops us from moving. Damon grabs my hand. The sound gets louder. Alaric raised his crossbow. A man covered in blood stumbles out of the trees. Blood is dripping from his eyes and ears.
"Stay where you are." Alaric demands. The man breaths heavy as he roams his eyes over Damon. "Vampire." He speeds over to Damon. Damon's eyes turn black as his veins start to spider out on his face. His fangs are bared. Damon and the strange man fights each other. "Damon be careful!" I shout. I try to run over to the Vampires but Alaric hold me back.
The man pushes Damon against the tree. He growls as he wraps his fingers around Damon neck. Ric shoots an arrow into the Vampire's back, but he doesn't even flinch from the pain. Elena quickly takes out a Wolf's Bane grenade. "Damon." She shouts. Damon catches the grenade with ease and throws it in the mans face.
The grenade explodes sending little pieces of sticks all over. The Vampire falls to the ground. Damon kicks the man in the gut, which sends him flying across the glade. His body becomes limp.
"Let me guess. Hybrid." Ric says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Alaric ties the unconscious Vampire up with chains and rope against the tree. His head hung loosely as the blood dripped all over the rope. "These ropes aren't going to hold him much longer. What else do we have?" Damon asked.
    Elena covers some rope in Vervain. "Here, Ric. Take these." Elena holds the rope out. Damon reaches for them completely forgetting about the Vervain. "Babe." I warned. Damon hissed. "Aah! Ow!" He cursed. He shakes his hands away from the pain. "I said Ric!" Elena panics.
     "That's the last of the Vervain." Ric says taking the rope. We don't have enough stuff to hold him. I don't think we're going to make it to that ridge before the full moon." Alaric says as he stares at the Vampire.
   "If we can get him to talk, we don't have to." Elena reaches her hand towards the Vampire's face. A gasp leaves his bloody lips. Elena pulls her hand back.
   The Vampire begins to scream in agony as his bones break. His back arches against the tree. The sound of his bones breaking freaks me out.
    "Is he turning?" Damon asked. "That's impossible. It's still daylight." I say. I look up to the sky. The sun was still shining as it radiates heat waves. Damon tries to hold the man still. The rope and chains begin to weaken.
    "There aren't supposed to be Werewolves until the full moon." Elena stammers. "You know those ropes aren't going to hold him much longer!" Ric backs away. I push Damon aside.
   "Vincula quibus ligatus erat et obstringere!" I raise my right hand into a fit sealing the spell. "This will hold him a little longer." I say as I wipe the sweat off my forehead. "Let's go." I grab Damon's hand. Alaric and Elena follow. We run through the woods back towards the main trails.
    The sun has set and the moon illuminated the dark woods. Elena trips over a rock. Which causes me to fall over her.
    "Don't move!" Damon demands. Elena and I slowly lift our heads. Standing tall on all four legs is a Werewolf with bright amber colored eyes. The wolf growls at us, showing its large canines.
   Damon whistles. "Here doggie, doggie." He quickly speeds ways towards the opposite side of the woods. The wolf chases after him. "Damon!" I shout. I get up to follow but Elena holds me back. "Phoebe he'll be okay. He loves you too much to not let you get hurt." Elena holds me. "Well I love him too much to not leave him behind." I say.
   I try to pull out of her grip but she hold me tighter. "Elena please. What if it was Stefan. Damon just survived a Wolf bite and we don't need him to get bit again." I cry. I start to hyperventilate. Elena pulls me into a hug.
    "Guys let's go. Now!" Alaric orders. Elena and I let go of each other and run over to Ric.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Stefan's our there somewhere. And now Damon. And we're just sitting in this car." Elena snaps. She presses her face against the window scanning the woods for the Salvatore brothers. I slightly roll down my window to get a better look.
     "Let the Vampire fight the Hybrid Zombie Mountain Man. I'll take care of keeping the humans safe." Ric said. "I thought you were check out of taking care of people." Elena said. Ric looks at her. "I know what you're doing. Don't. There doesn't need to be a lesson here." Ric turns away. "You're better at it than you think. You know." Elena whispers. Alaric sighs. "Oh boy. Aren't you a sucker for a lost cause or what?"
     "You're not a lost cause, Ric." Elena snaps. "You're just lost." She finished. Great pun. "But so is Phoebe . And so am I." Elena begins. "Are family is gone. We don't have anybody. I'm sorry but you don't have anybody either. So..." Elena sighs. "We're kind of right to each other." She states. "I'm keeping the ring, then." Alaric says. He spins John Gilbert's ring around his middle finger.
      The sound of walking comes from behind the car. I spot Damon walking down the hill. I open the door and hop out. Elena and Alaric do the same. "Damon, babe. Are you okay." I lace my fingers into his. "Fine. Bite free. Get back in the car, please." Damon says. He gives me a quick kiss on the forehead. I smile. He can be annoyed all he wants. I'm just glad he's okay.
    "Can you just let us appreciate the fact that your not dead." Elena sighs. "Damon smiles. "You've got ten seconds. 10-9-." Elena cuts him off. "Damon stop being such a Caveman." She rolls her as Damon roughly pushes her towards the car with his free hand.
     "Hey, Ric. Did you see where I happened to park my car?" Alaric point to the end of the trail. Damon pulls me along. Alaric and Elena hop back into the car and drive off.
      Once Damon and I are in the car, I ask him a simple but hard question. "What's the deathbed kissy thing?" I asked. Damon furrows his eyebrows. He focuses on the rode. "What?" He asked. I let out a long sigh. "You said that to Elena today. When you were in the water with her." I say.
   "Oh that." Damon's voice is quiet. "Yeah that." I nod. Damon tightens his hands around the steering wheel. His knuckles turn white. "That...that was...a...goodbye kiss. She thought I was going to die." Damon says nervously. I narrow my eyes. "Why'd you stutter. If it was just a goodbye kiss, then why did you stutter." My voice booms with aggravation.
    I tighten my hand into a fist, shutting off the car. Damon looks at me nervously. "Okay Damon. Let's get this straight. You're a good guy. You have some flaws. And trust me they are FATAL FLAWS." I shout. But you still have your good traits. I know you care for Elena. She looks exactly like your ex, who you have been pining over for the last century and a half. I get that." I say. Damon nods.
   "But I'm your girlfriend. And a black woman. I deserve respect. You got to give it to get it. And I don't want you to make me look like a damn fool. Because if you do. I'll fuck your best friend. I'll fuck your brother. And guess what? I'd  fuck Katherine just because I feel like it. And it will prove that I chose everyone over you." I stammer. I let out a long sigh before I continue. "Now was that kiss just a simple kiss. Or was it something more." I glare at Damon. He avoids eye contact. I roll my eyes. "What the hell are you looking at. Look at me. There's no reason to be nervous." I snap.
    "Phoebe." Damon starts. I nod my head for an answer. "The kiss was just a simple friendly kiss. Nothing more." Damon smiles at me. He leans in for a kiss but I pull back. "Promise." I glare. He nods. "I promise." He smiles even wider. I give him a long stare before finally giving in.
    I lean in to give him a quick kiss in the lips. "Okay." I whisper. I sit back in my seat. I wave my hand over to the swinging keys, turning the car back on.