Projection babeyy

It started at work.

He hardly noticed it at first, Klavier already had an active imagination, you had to in order to write music, but he found himself more and more often just staring down into his paperwork and just... Not being there. He figured it was exhaustion, maybe it was finally time for a vacation

———————

It stopped just being zoned out.

Everyday, when he got home, he spent hours pacing to music ignoring his bodies cries to sit down and eat, and ignoring his work. He came up with elaborate stories, of boys with long firey hair, of mad doctors and fae, of friends that could not exist in this world. He tried to write it down, but he just couldn't sit still long enough for that, it was like he had a little tug on his brain whenever he tried.. He had to keep pacing, keep pacing, keep pacing. Keep dreaming, keep pulling those stupid faces and acting out things. It was in the privacy of his own home anyway, nobody would notice or care.

———————

It seeped into his daily life, and started dragging real people he knew into it too. They didn't know, not really, but it was hard to remember that when it just felt... So real. He'd make inside jokes expecting someone to get it and then they'd give him a quizzical glance and he had a shocking moment of 'ah that didn't actually happen' every damn time. It made him feel falsely close to people. It hurt like a bitch when he realized the lunch date he remembered so vividly with Herr Forehead didn't actually happen, although luckily he didn't make himself too much of an ass with that realization.

He'd reference people he'd really never meet, and make himself look like a fool whenever he forgot something that actually happened because he thought it was false.

It was... Terrifying. He couldn't get a grasp, and kept slipping in and out of conversations. One time he slipped while listening to music when he was driving the hog, and nearly crashed. He learned to stop listening to music when he needed to stay in the moment then.

Music.

That was a huge part of the problem, for some reason. Music could make him slip in and out so easily, he actually had playlists full of songs related to different characters, scenarios and vibes, because nothings more jarring than listening to disney songs then crashing into 100gecs. It was hard, trying to play his guitar and then slipping because the tone just reminded him of this character and that story line and just got him back to pacing around the house, thinking of more things to do in his mind with his worlds.

The worst was probably when he was reminded of something and slipped away in public, it was... awkward to say the least. There was probably at least 20 articles titled some variation of 'Klav Gav going crazy? Ex Rockstar caught muttering to himself'

he was chained to his brain and there wasn't a way to break free.

———————

Apollo was worried about Klavier.

He knew the man had been through a lot, so it was understandable that he was a bit stressed, but lately he got worse.

Klavier often had this dreamy look on his face, and his body and face twitched, with unspoken words or actions, that didn't really feel connected to whatever was happening in the moment.

Apollo actually had Athena do a mood reading at a crime scene they were at, when he saw his eyes take on the uncomfortably familiar glassy appearance, and well, she was absolutely confused.

"Apollo... He's emotions are splitting in all sorts of directions..." She said, chewing her lip and looking at the mood matrix

"What do you mean?"