Lost Innocence

A few days later Stormchaser prowled around the forest. She looked around before she saw her mother prowling forward. "Show me some of those battle moves," she offered as she lashed her tail a bit.

Stormchaser smiled widely and darted forward. She saw her brother laying along, carefully stripping a leaf from it's stem. It seemed unlike him not to want to wrestle but he seemed not to care.

"Do you want to try and help me pin mom down," called Stormchaser as she rose on her toes a bit and looked over to her brother.

Darkflight looked up and growled a bit. "No thanks. You go ahead."

Stormchaser just shrugged and surged for her mother again. Swiftstream seemed to be really stressing on the fighting but Stormchaser was sure if was just because of the Woolly Howl attack the other day. She knew that her mother wanted them to be ready for anything.

Stormchaser leaped for her mother's tail, sinking her teeth into it. Swiftstream looked at her daughter before flicking her tail, sending her flying a bit. Stormchaser rose to her feet and shook her head to clear it. She opened her mouth and growled before she darted forward again. She leaped on her mother's back while her mother tried to shake her off.

"You're going to have to do better than that," grunted Stormchaser as she made her way up her mother's back and toward her neck.

Swiftstream straightened and swiped her wings toward her daughter. She was tempted to roll but she knew that would crush Stormchaser and that's not what she wanted to do. She just shook her shoulders a bit and tried to thrust off her daughter. Stormchaser let out a growl before padding up her mother's neck before perching on Swiftstream's head. Swiftstream's pupil looked upward and saw her daughter's paw dangling.

"Do you not think that I can't get you down from up there," asked Swiftstream as he tail lashed a bit.

Stormchaser chuckled as she stuck out her tongue. "You can try but I'm perfectly content up here," she assured as she she laid down, folding her wings over her back.

Swiftstream raised her tail a bit and thrust it toward her face. Stormchaser moved expertly and Swiftstream just managed to poke herself in the eye with her tail. She growled a bit in frustration before she shook her head madly, her teeth showing a bit as she grinned.

Stormchaser let out a small yelp as she fell to the ground. Swiftstream pressed her head against her daughter's stomach to hold her down. "What should you do when I'm doing this," she asked as she fixed her eyes on her daughter's paws.

Stormchaser thought for a heartbeat. "I could try raking my claws against your eyes."

Swiftstream smiled. "That's right. Also try acting limp before making an exploding action and thrusting your paws as hard as you can against my face. Then go for my stomach or neck," she instructed.

Stormchaser allowed her body to go limp against her mother's skull. She then exploded harshly, thrusting her stomach against her mother's muzzle. She ducked backwards and surged toward her mother's stomach. She leaped to make a jab but Swiftstream sidestepped and thrust her tail against the side of her daughter's face, flinging her toward Darkflight.

Stormchaser rolled like a stone before she fell on her back. She rolled on her stomach and rose to her paws, shaking pollen from the top of her head. "Help me out a bit Darkflight," she begged as she whiskered her tail a bit.

Darkflight turned away. "I'd rather not," he mumbled into the grass with the spikes on his back standing on edge.

"Come on," she begged as she pushed her head against her brother's shoulder. "Two is better than one, especially when I'm a lot smaller than mother." She blinked her eyes rapidly. "Please Darkflight."