4

Next day at around 8 p.m., Yvonne was not excited since she expected Zach to send the same  message he sent the previous night.

She forgot about Zach's promise and carried on with her work when she heard a knock on her door. She got up from her work swiftly expecting it to be an inpatient neighbour who had crap to complain or gossip about but was surprised to meet Zach  at her doorstep with a bottle of red wine.

"Can I come in?" Zach asked seeing the stunned look on her face as he snapped his fingers in front of her eyes.

"I'm sorry please do. " He was in a casual shirt and trousers outfit which suited his calm personality perfectly.

"Can I get you anything? " He  shook his head in reply as he examined the scattered papers on the floor.

"You have work to do?"

She nodded and sat on the floor

"I'm almost done, just give me five minutes, make yourself comfortable. "

Zach didn't answer but admired the young woman in front of him in her green t-shirt and jean shorts she looked absolutely amazing, Zach couldn't help but watch her as she continued with her work.

"And I am... done!" Yvonne exclaimed as she finished signing the last document.

"Now we can talk properly. " He said and sat on the floor as well

"I'm sorry for not coming last night, I had some business to attend to."

"It's ok, I don't have a problem."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm certain." she insisted and glanced at the red wine he dropped on the coffee table

"And that's for... "

"It's for you, I couldn't let what happened go that easily...It was improper. So I brought something for you."

"Then I'll get two glasses we'll both enjoy it."

Yvonne walked out and came back a few minutes later. She sat on the floor with the glasses in her hand and watched as Zach opened the wine and filled their glasses.

Their their wine glasses clung to each other in cheers before they  sipped in harmony for a long time only stopping to discuss  about family, business and relationships.

"The bottle is empty, are you sure you can make it to work like this tomorrow?"

"I can handle it, you should bother about yourself."

"I'm not weak Yvonne, I'll most definitely be ok. "

They laughed he and noticed Yvonne's eyes, she was hiding something.

"I know, you're hiding something from me." Yvonne turned back to return his curious stare.

"Like what? "

"You refuse to say it, how will I possibly know what it is? But it shows clearly on your face." he persisted and after a while Yvonne gave in.

"Where can I possibly start from now?"

"Just start from anywhere, I'm listening." He reminded her.

"The last six years has been hard for me, I've been looking forward to meeting you again ... I've been devastated after what I told you before you left, I shouldn't have said that I..."

"Shhh." Zach signaled "You're talking too much, you need to be calm."

"I'm not joking Zach, I'm serious."

"Relax, what you said six years motivated me, it's made me what I am today it's all because of you." he stopped and took her hands "I'm this successful because of you. You are the one behind the scene."