Chapter 4

Todoroki's Pov:
Me and Deku had spent hours laughing and trying to study. I looked at the clock and panicked.
"Shit!" I mumbled "What's wrong Shoto?" The small boy looked up at me, pencil in hand, I pointed at the clock. It read 11:26. I hurriedly pack my stuff into my backpack, my dads curfew is 11, so I'm fucked. I race for the door of Izuku's door and grab the knob
"Wait! Where are you going?" I realized I had gotten up without saying goodbye, I turn back around "I have to get home, I'm out past curfew." He looked down, gave me a sad smile and nodded "I'll see you tomorrow then" he looked looked back up at me, his smile not so sad anymore.
"Of course you will" I smiled

I open the door thank Izuku's mom for letting me stay and run out the door.

"Shit shit shit shit!! He's going to be pissed" Of course it had to be raining! The cold air brushing my cheeks and the light raindrops hitting my face. I can feel my school bag slipping from my hand so I tighten my grip, the lights from the passing cars rushing by. I'm looking up at the street signs when a car stops next to me.

"Get in the car Shoto." His voice brings a chill up my spin. I'm screwed.

Todoroki's POV

"WHAT THE HELL SHOTO!!" I could smell the alcohol. He had been yelling at me since he had picked me up "I told you to be home. Do you think you just don't have to listen to me!"

"No dad-" I didn't get to finish my sentence, I was interrupted, he had smacked me. I put my hand up to my face.

"YOU NEVER FUCKING LISTEN!" At that moment I realized if I said I word I was going to get the shit beaten out of me. I sat quietly and listened to him screaming. "Useless". "Worthless". Those we're just a few of the words he used. I tugged at my sleeves pulling them down, holding back tears.

The car finally pulled into our driveway, I felt like I spent an eternity in that car. I grabbed my bag and went to open the door. "You listen here boy." He grabbed my wrist I winced a bit, his voice was stern "The next time you are home late. You won't end up with just a slap" I pulled my wrist away and nodded my head. I opened the car door and walked as fast as I could to get in the house.

"Are you okay?" Fuyumi asked I just nodded and walked to my room. The door opened and I looked into my room. All the lights were off and my bed was neatly made some of my posters hanging on the wall, the rain tapping in the window. I closed the door and flopped on my bed.

"Why does he hate me?" I questioned "Am I really do useless?" I paused and sat up "Would everyone be happier if I was gone?" Then I remembered Deku, the way he smiled, his laugh, and the freckles that made up his face. "No. He needs me" I thought about that statement, maybe it wasn't that he needs me maybe I need him. I laid back down on my bed and pulled a small blanket over me. I slowly started to drift off

~Time skip~

*BANG*
I jolted up in my bed, "GET OUT OF BED BOY!" I heard the glass shatter. "No, not this morning" I thought to myself then I realized.

I hadn't locked the door last night.