Part 3 - Noble Bill

ALTERNATIVE CHAPTER (NOBLE BILL VS NAUGHTY BILL)

I was very conflicted on how I wanted this story to end, so I decided to leave it up to you, the reader. If you think Bill should be noble and not give in to temptation than continue reading this chapter. If you think, Bill should throw caution to the wind and get his naughty freak on with Tara than skip this chapter and go on to the next. Whatever your preference, I hope you enjoy!

Bill closed his eyes. It would be so easy to give in to temptation and get lost in her softness, the sweet taste of her lips, and the alluring smell of her blood.

No, I will not make the same mistake.

He pulled back to stare at her. "Thank you, Tara."

"You don't have to thank me," She said, placing a hand over his. "We're friends remember?"

How he wished that was really true. Aside from Jessica, he had no real friends to speak of. He searched her face for any hint of the old Tara and saw only a sweet, gentle woman staring back at him.

A warm sensation filled his chest.

"Tara, do you mind if we just sit here and talk for a while longer."

Tara smiled, pulling her feet underneath her on the sofa. "Sure. I'd like that."

They spent most of the night, learning more about each other than they had in the past three years. Surprisingly, Bill did most of the talking, sharing memories about his life as a young boy growing on the Compton farm. Tara listened intently, hanging on to each word. Her quiet demeanor made it easy for him to open up. He spoke of his wife and children, a subject he rarely discussed even with Sookie.

"Caroline was a natural beauty, a wonderful wife and mother." His eyes watered with red-tinted tears. "Until Sookie, I never thought I could love another so deeply. And now..."

Bill lowered his head, overwhelmed by all he had lost.

"Things will work out, Bill. Don't give up so easily."

"What is the use? I'll never be the man Sookie wants me to be. Not with this wretched curse.

Tara brows furrowed. Her lips turned down slightly at the ends. "You call being a vampire a curse?"

"That is what it is to me, a horrible disease that cannot be cured." He raised an eyebrow at her. "And if I recall, there are some of you who believe we are all evil, soulless creatures and wish to be rid of us."

Tara shook her head. "I don't think people would feel that way if they met more vampires like you. I actually envy you."

He wondered if that was Tara or the glamour talking. "What is there to envy?"

"How 'bout your super-human strength? You're not afraid of anybody or anything. You've been everywhere. Seen and done everything. And know about stuff I can't even imagine."

"Or should ever want to imagine," he said mournfully.

"True, but at least you have all the time in the world to live out your dreams."

She leaned back against the sofa, staring at the burning firewood. "I wish I did."

"And if you did?"

"I'd travel. Maybe start my own business."

"What sort of business?"

She chuckled. "When Sookie and I were kids, we used to pretend we ran our own clothing store. We'd dress up in Gran's fancy shoes and hats and I'd pretend to be the shop owner."