If Firestar never joined ThunderClan...

Rusty woke up as sunlight spilled across the kitchen floor. The night before, he'd had the mouse dream again, more vivid than ever. He'd been stalking a mouse, collarless, underneath the moon. In the forest nearby, he'd seen flashing eyes, eyes of the Clan cats. His fur was warmed from the sun, and his food and water bowls were filled to the top. 🅳🅾 🅸 🆁🅴🅰🅻🅻🆈 🆆🅰🅽🆃 🆃🅾 🅶🅸🆅🅴 🆃🅷🅸🆂 🅰🅻🅻 🆄🅿? He thought about the blue-gray she-cat's offer from the previous day but failed to make a decision. Rusty's stomach growled. 🅸 🆂🅷🅾🆄🅻🅳 🅴🅰🆃 🅱🅴🅵🅾🆁🅴 🅸 🆃🆁🆈 🆃🅾 🅼🅰🅺🅴 🅰🅽🆈 🅷🅰🆂🆃🆈 🅳🅴🅲🅸🆂🅸🅾🅽🆂. The ginger-furred kittypet ate his fill, satisfying his hunger, and he went outside to the garden through the cat flap. Spring was here and the garden was filled with an early blossom smell. It was nice out, and the sun brought a pleasant warmth. 

            He still didn't exactly know if he wanted to join ThunderClan or not. Would the wild cats accept him? Would he be able to become a warrior? Did he even want to be part of a Clan? He thought about all the possibilities and tried to make a decision. Even still, he wasn't sure what he wanted. 🆆🅷🆈 🅸🆂 🆃🅷🅸🆂 🆂🅾 🅷🅰🆁🅳? He thought in frustration. A moon ago, he would've whole-heartedly declined the Clan cats' offer, but it was so tempting now! He loved looking out at the forest, and catching mice was fun, but would he be able to survive in a Clan? The wild cats made it clear that their life wasn't as luxurious. If he went, he would miss Smudge and his other friends very much.

             It was sunhigh and Lionheart and Whitestorm were swiftly moving through the forest. Once they drew near to the spot where they were to meet the kittypet, Lionheart slowed and motioned for Whitestorm to do the same. Would Rusty, as he was supposedly called, show up? He didn't sense the housecat at all. Just then, a blotch of bright orange popped up in front of him. The Twoleg pet hadn't seemed to sense his or Whitestorm's presence, and was sniffing the air, looking uncertain. 𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎? 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒂 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍. Lionheart thought, silently bursting with pride for his Clan. Lionheart flicked his tail for Whitestorm to stay behind him and stalked through the bushes to appear in front of Rusty. 

            "You have a lot to learn. Even the smallest Clan kit knows when another cat is near." Lionheart stepped into the light. "Do you know if I am alone?"                                                                                                                                   Rusty quickly sniffed the air and hesitated. "Bluestar and Graypaw aren't with you now."                                                                                             "Right. Someone else is, though." Lionheart mewed. Whitestorm strode into the clearing. "This is Whitestorm, one of ThunderClan's senior warriors." he introduced the two. Rusty looked fearful, was he afraid of Whitestorm? There was good reason, though. Whitestorm was muscular with a thick coat of fur. His sharp yellow eyes glared like sun-baked sand. Lionheart growled, "Relax, before your fear-scent attracts unwanted attention. We're only here to take you to our camp." 

            "A-about that..." Rusty stammered. "About what?" Whitestorm finally spoke up, questioning Bluestar's trust in this young kittypet. "I-I can't join your Clan!" Rusty yelled.  

What did you think of this first chapter? I hope you liked it, and tell me in the comments if you have any ideas. I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and have a wonderful day! 

- Pastel_Twilightpetal