If Firestar never joined ThunderClan... Part 2

Rustling from the gorse at the entrance of the camp woke Bluestar. 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂'𝓻𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴! 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓡𝓾𝓼𝓽𝔂 𝓽𝓸𝓸, 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮. 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓮𝓵𝔂, 𝓱𝓮'𝓭 𝓪𝓬𝓬𝓮𝓹𝓽, 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽? 𝓗𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓽𝔂... 𝓣𝓱𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵. 𝓗𝓮 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓬𝔂! '𝓕𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓼𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷'. 𝓗𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓪 𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪 𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓬𝓸𝓪𝓽, 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸𝓶. 𝓘 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴 𝓱𝓮'𝓭 𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮'𝓭 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭. 𝓨𝓮𝓼, 𝓖𝓻𝓪𝔂𝓹𝓪𝔀 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓮 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮𝓭, 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱. 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝔀 𝓾𝓹 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝔂𝓹𝓮𝓽𝓼. 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮'𝓼 𝓣𝓲𝓰𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓵𝓪𝔀... 𝓗𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝔂𝓹𝓮𝓽𝓼 𝓼𝓸 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱, 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓪 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝔂𝓹𝓮𝓽, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓪𝔀. 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 𝓲𝓼 𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷. 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓪𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱, 𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓮𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷. 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓯𝓵𝓮𝓪-𝓹𝓮𝓵𝓽, 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓻𝓾𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰- 

          "Bluestar? Are you in here?" Her thoughts were interrupted by a deep voice calling from outside her den under the Highrock. 𝓞𝓱, 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽. 𝓘 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰. Bluestar squinted as she padded into the bright sunlight. She saw Lionheart and Whitestorm, but not Rusty. 

          "We should talk inside your den, Bluestar." Whitestorm meowed. "Where is the kittypet," Bluestar asked, "did something happen to him?" She shuddered as she thought of all the dangers in the forest. Lionheart and Whitestorm shuffled their paws uncomfortably.  

          "Bluestar... he didn't come," Lionheart told her, "I was sure he wouldn't. I wish I wasn't right, but he just couldn't give up his lavish housecat life." It was as if a ice-cold wave had rushed over her. 𝓗𝓮- 𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮? 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓽 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓬𝔂... 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓮 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓼𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓪 𝓶𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷! 𝓦𝓱𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓪 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝔂𝓹𝓮𝓽? 𝓘𝓽 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓪𝓽. 𝓦𝓱𝓸 𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓲𝓽 𝓫𝓮, 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱? 𝓗𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽, 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓬𝓸𝓪𝓽, 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓽𝔂. 𝓗𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓮... 𝔀𝓪𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓱𝓮? She felt panic sinking in, and tried to calm herself. She closed her eyes and thought about her role as a leader. ThunderClan needed her, she couldn't descend into madness. This situation only made her more determined. 

          "I know this is hard, but maybe this just wasn't meant to be-" Whitestorm attempted to comfort Bluestar. "We didn't need him. ThunderClan doesn't need a worthless kittypet. Actually, from now on, kittypets aren't allowed in ThunderClan. If I catch any Clan member, ANY, fraternizing with a kittypet, they will be banned from ThunderClan." Bluestar's coldness shocked the senior warriors. 

          "Bluestar, are you sure?" Lionheart asked worriedly. "Do not question me! Just do as I say, and you'll be fine," Bluestar snapped, "now leave." Whitestorm flicked his tail at Lionheart, signaling for him to leave Bluestar alone, and walked out of the den. Lionheart started walking out, looked back at Bluestar for a heartbeat, and left as well. 

          Bluestar faintly heard the murmuring of her Clanmates outside, and wondered if she'd been too harsh. She just couldn't trust kittypets anymore. At the back of her mind, a voice rang out. 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕻𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐? She shook her head. 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓼𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼. 𝓑𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓼, 𝓘 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓮. 𝓛𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝔂𝓹𝓮𝓽 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓲𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓶𝓮. She padded out into the shade under the Highrock and sat down, curling her tail neatly over her paws. Graypaw came up to her and sat down, "Where's that kittypet? Wasn't he supposed to join ThunderClan today?" She felt pity for the lonely young tom.

          "He decided not to join. The kittypet life was too much to give up, I guess." Bluestar mewed disappointedly. "Oh..." Graypaw said, "I was hoping he'd join so we could be friends. Silly, I know." Bluestar purred, "Not at all, with such few apprentices, it's understandable." "I'm glad I can talk to you. Sandpaw and Dustpaw aren't exactly the friendliest, and Ravenpaw is just a scaredy-cat. I wasn't sure about it at first, but that kittypet seemed like he'd be a nice pal." 

          "Graypaw, don't bother Bluestar." Lionheart's commanding growl sounded next to them. "He wasn't bothering me, we were just talking." Bluestar meowed evenly. "I'm going to take him out to hunt, anyways." Graypaw stood up and bounced after his mentor, but not before looking back and smiling. She felt better after talking to the gray apprentice, and was glad she could be there for him. 

          Whitestorm came over and shared tongues with Bluestar. She purred and let herself get carried away by the smooth stroking on her head. She remembered when her mother, Moonflower, would do that, and also when she received a life of love from her. Bluestar knew she had to serve her Clanmates well and protect them. She had to make her mother proud. 

What did you think of this chapter in Bluestar's PURR-spective? (Sorry, not sorry ;). )I hope you liked it, and tell me in the comments if you have any ideas. I appreciate you taking time to read this, and have a wonderful day!

- Pastel_Twilightpetal