DAY 1

CARLA JENKINS WAS NOT LIKE OTHER TEENS. She hadn't aged for fifteen years, and had been a twin born to a mother who wasn't pregnant that same morning.

     On top of that, she could manipulate fire, and had befriended a power-wielding man with a fondness for eyeliner, before helping him to try and prevent the apocalypse.

     They hadn't quite succeeded with that part, though. In fact, it was Carla who triggered Vanya's moon-beam of death.

     It was a rather unfortunate sequence of events that lead to Carla falling from a swirling blue vortex into the alley below with a heavy thud.

     She let out a cry of pain, face screwing up as she landed on the cobbled floor. White hot agony shot through her ribs, and Carla briefly wondered what ones she had broken this time.

     With a throaty groan, she raised her head, vision swimming, and she tried looking around.

     "Klaus?" Carla turned her head to the left.

     "Five?" she glanced to the right, seeing the alley completely deserted aside from herself.

     Raising unsteadily to her feet, Carla looked back up at the vortex, "Klaus?"

     Almost in reply, it swirled shut, blinking out of existence. The strong winds died, the sky darkening to a midnight black.

     Raising her hands to her face, Carla was relieved to see that she seemed to be the same age she left.

     At least that was one positive out of the situation.

     Where the hell was she?

     She staggered to the mouth of the alley, freezing when she saw an old fashioned car trundle past. Dread settled in her veins, freezing her blood to a slush.

     The real question seemed to be when the hell was she?

     Slowly approaching a bin, Carla pulled out a discarded newspaper, eyes searching for a date.

     1961.

     "No way," she muttered, heart stuttering in her chest as the severity of the situation started to sink in.

     She was stuck in an unknown time period, with absolutely no way of escaping.

     Carla had no idea what had happened to the others either. The could be all together at another place, or another time. They could be dead, for all she knew.

     The thought made her knees buckle.

     She had just escaped being stuck alone in the apocalypse, yet here she was, stuck by herself anyway.

     The universe must have gotten a kick out of her.

     Carla always considered the universe to be some sort of force. It would give signs, and return whatever she gave out into it.

     But lately, it felt like her entire life had been a joke to the universe, some sort of sick prank full of intertwined threads and layers of irony.

     She just wanted to rest.

     Carla looked around, a feeling of exhaustion beginning to fill her bones.

     The past week had been far too long, and she had just been thrown into a whole new issue.

     And because she was alone, it meant she had no-one else to rely on. As a fifteen-year-old, she knew it would once again be impossible to buy any home of sorts without questions being asked.

     She was going to be homeless again, but this time in a completely foreign area and time period.

     At times like this, she really wished she was like other teens.

     Maybe then she could be living a normal life devoid of fire powers and the apocalypse.

     Carla watched another car cruise past, before looking around the street she was stood on.

     "Klaus?"

     She knew there would be no reply. Wherever the Hargreeves siblings were, it was not near her.

     The shops were old, and Carla spotted a café with a sign out the front reading 'White's Only'. She felt a shiver of disgust run up her spine.

     Looking down at her outfit of worn jeans, Klaus's tooth t-shirt, and rather ugly bowling shoes, Carla winced.

      The worst part of this entire situation was that she had left her walkman in 2019.

a/n: GUYS ITS HERE!!! welcome to Embers, the sequel to Ignis!

shoutout to FACEONALOVER for being so swag and doing my graphics stuff for me 🤰 she also has to listen to my bs rambling about my ideas so muchos luv to her and all that 🙄🙄

the first few chapters are going to follow carla as she navigates her way through the sixties by herself, and then she'll be introduced to the other characters and the plot of s2 :)

im very excited for this book, and am really looking forward to writing some of the angsty scenes i have planned 😈

as a heads up, this book will contain some heavier themes than in ignis, such as drug use, addiction and mentions of s*xual assault/r*pe, so please look after yourselves and be wary when reading!

carla is about to go THROUGH it this season ngl 😥 and shes going to be facing a lot of her own personal struggles 😪😪😪

so, with all that said, please sit back, relax, and enjoy Embers!