Spidey-Show

Dedicated to Raindrop2345 , new friend/wifey
Peter's POV

Peter had been awake all night preparing. And after six cups of coffee, three Red Bull's, and one-and-a-half mental breakdowns, he had done it.

"FRI, could you call the team to the living room for a family meeting please?" he asked the AI politely. When she responded affirmatively, the brunette grinned and rushed down to meet his family.

As expected, everyone was down there besides Tony. Peter huffed and pouted. Can't that man be on time once in his life?

Moments later, Stark came strutting in, ignoring the annoyed looks on everyone's faces. "Can I ask why I was summoned? Other than for my amazing presence, of course," he asked cockily.

Nat glared at the overconfident man who immediately shrunk down in his seat. "Peter wants to show us something."

"Thank you, mama," Peter told the red head, grinning brightly.

She nodded at her adopted son and granted him one of the smiles reserved only for him. He loved those smiles more than anything.

"Now," Peter began, putting his 'I'm smart, listen to me' glasses on his face. The rest of the team just called them his 'eyeballs freak me out so I can't put in contacts' glasses. "I have a proposition. You guys have homeschooled me since I was four, and here's why you should stop."

Peter asked FRIDAY to pull up the hologram slideshow he had created earlier. The boy could've sworn he saw Steve flinch and rub his temples at the sight of the PowerPoint logo, but he didn't question it.

He clicked a button and the slide showed a badly edited stock photo of a group of smiling teenagers with hearts bordering it. "Reason number one: social interaction. I have literally never met a child my age and that's a problem. I have you guys, but living with a bunch of 40ish year olds gets annoying sometimes. Well, Uncle Thor and Uncle Loki are like a thousand and Uncle Steve is like a hundred, but you get my point."

Next, the highschool experience," he continued, clicking his little remote once again. "If I ever want to get a non-superhero job as an adult, I'm gonna need a diploma. My schooling is illegal. Oh, the irony," Peter sighed, looking at them in false disappointment.

"And finally, relationships." Peter pauses when he heard his dad and Uncle Tony snicker. He raised an eyebrow at them to explain, not realizing he looked more like an angry kitten than threatening.

Bucky coughed and spoke. "Kid, we love you, but if we do send you to school you'll only be there for the last two years. Adding the time limit to your social anxiety and... I can't think of another word, awkwardness would make it hard to get a boyfriend or girlfriend."

Peter was a little hurt by his dad's words, but he'd probably just cry himself to sleep later and get over it.

"But if you didn't send me to school, I would never get the chance," he told them, thinking quickly. "Tons of people find their future long term partners in school, and what if I'm one of them, but just because you didn't send me to school I never get to meet them?"

Peter knew he was getting to him by the conflicted look on their faces, so he pulled out his strongest tool: his puppy dog eyes.

Almost immediately most of the group turned away, knowing the affects of the eyes. But Steve stupidly made eye contact. He immediately softened.

"I say we let him go. Highschool is part of the teenage experience, right?" he pleaded to the group.

The team reluctantly agreed after arguing for a good two hours. Bucky and Nat were hardest to persuade, but with Peter and Clint's combined puppy eyes they were goners.

Peter grinned excitedly. He could go to school!
———————————————————————————
Hi, welcome. If you're new here, you don't have to read Subway Spider to understand, but I would recommend it because I (personally) think it's adorable. And to the rest of you, thank you for coming back to the hot mess I call writing.

Girl, you're thicker than a...
-spidey