Training

What if while they were lifeguards, Wendy triesto teach Dipper how to do rescue training by having herself play the victim?

________________________________________________________________________________

"Alright man, here's the deal. The fun we've been having is only part of the job. Yeah, throwing water balloons and sending people to pool jail is nice, but we need to make sure we are ready for anything here." Wendy started while she locked the gate after the last patron had left the pool.

Dipper stopped short of grabbing the last pool float as he processed what Wendy had just said. "Wait, what are you talking about?"

"Well we are lifeguards. We need to be able to help people out if they have trouble, I've already preformed a couple of training rescues." Wendy replied as she headed back towards the pool. And then with a smirk she added, "And so I talked Poolcheck into letting me be the one to give you your training."

Dipper took in what she said. He really didn't mind at all. It meant more time with Wendy and so he was happy. He finished fishing out the last pool toy when he heard a splash come from the far end of the pool. "What..?"

Turning around he saw Wendy was no where to be seen. A quick bout of panic waved over Dipper before reflexes kicked in. He dove in to the pool and headed towards where he had heard the splash. As he came up for air he spied her mane of red hair. As he got closer he thought that maybe she had slipped and fell in as she heading over to him.

When he arrived next to her he saw that her head was staying above water. Remembering the training videos he had watched the night before, he quickly ascertained that she was breathing. Next he took a cursory look and saw no head trauma, so he rested her head on his shoulder and slid his arms under hers. Finally he began to swim back towards the side of the pool. Using what strength the burst of adrenaline had given him he pulled her up onto the pool deck. He was gonna be paying for this tomorrow, but he didn't care as long as she was ok.

He had just leaned her head back and was leaning down to begin mouth to mouth when he saw that her eyes were open and she was watching him. This instantly jerked him back to reality and his adrenaline rush left him.

"Why'd you stop, man? You were doing so good." Wendy said as she saw Dipper practically deflate in front of her.

"Oh man, I thought you were..." Dipper started, seemingly ready to ramble on over apologies and what not.

"You thought just what I wanted you to think man." Wendy said as she pulled herself up to a semi-seated position. "I needed you to act as if it was an emergency so I could judge what I was gonna need to help you on."

Dipper stared at Wendy and felt himself once again falling into her emerald orbs. And as such he almost missed she said next.

"So, are you ready to try mouth to mouth?"