Time Travel

What if Wendip kids time traveled to the first summer?

________________________________________________________________

"Mom! Dad!" one of a pair of well hidden teens call out as the car hits the ground and rolls. When it stops, the passenger door opens and Dipper falls out.

"So... close." Dipper said as he begins crawling, "Mabel... I'm... almost there."

"Remember, just cause they can't see us doesn't mean they can't hear us." The other hidden teen quietly said as he pulled a device from out of his pocket.

Dipper stops in crawling front of a cloaked figure who walked into the his path. The cloaked figure offers him his hand and pulls back his hood, "Heya, Dipper. How's it hanging?"

"Look it's Uncle Soos. Man he's lost so much weight." The first teen softly added.

Dipper's face brightened as he saw his friend, "Soos!"

Wendy stands up from behind the car, she appears bruised as she says. "Soos?"

Smiling as her, Soos replied "Handyman of the apocalypse, at your service."

"Alright that was nice. We're gonna have to call him that the next time we see him bro." The redheaded teen girl said as she looked out at her parents and her 'uncle'.

"If they don't kill us for doing this I'll think about it sis." The male ten said he pressed a button on the device and aimed it at his parents. "Man, they look so young. It's hard to believe dad was ever that little. And mom, wow."

"It's happening, you got it working?" the older teen asked her 'little' brother.

"Of course I do, sis. I've been operating this camera since Aunt Tambry gave it to me." The mahogany mopped male said as he watched a group of wannabe 'Asphalt Maniacs' have surrounded their parents, cheering. "Wait a minute, is that Penny's dad down there with them. Man he was such a chump."

Gideon steps onto the hood of the truck, "Wooowee. I dare say y'all almost had the jump on me there for a second. But this ain't your Gravity Falls anymore! Out here, I win."

He then claps and gets thrown a conch, which he blows before he added. "Bill's henchbats will be here any minute to retrieve y'all. MABEL'S MINE NOW! Hahahaha!"

Dipper looked down at something in his hands that the teens couldn't get a good look at from where they were before he responded, "Is she?"

Meanwhile Gideon began to huff, looking much more like a petulant child than the calm and composed father of one of their out of town friends, "Well, yeah. I have her trapped, ergo, Mabel is MINE!"

"Whoa, wait a minute. Mr. Gleeful was a bad guy? And he tried to kidnap Aunt Mabel?" the female teen said as she processed what she had heard.

"Why I outta go down there and give that lil ship a piece of my mind." The male teen added.

"Can't let you do it Ran. The speech we came here to tape is about to happen. Besides, we promised Officer Blandin that we wouldn't change history." The girl said to her brother.

"I know Debs. But sheesh, just hearing that makes me angry." Ran responded as he held up the camera and it's small directional microphone towards where his father stood.

Dipper looked back down at whatever was in his hands before he spoke "Gideon, listen to me, if I've learned anything this summer it's that you can't force someone to love you."

Looking at Wendy for a moment, Dipper then turns back towards Gideon and continued. "The best you can do is strive to be someone worthy of loving."

Gideon stood up straight as he yelled, "Oh, I'm worthy o' lovin'! These prisoners love me!"

The two teens continued to watch the gathering until Gideon and his goons drove off towards the floating pyramid.

"Wait a minute, that was it? That was the speech that told mom that dad was the one? Really?" Ran was saying as he shut off the camera and began putting it back into the pock on his cargo pants. "I mean, I thought it was gonna be some grandiose speech worthy of Stoneworker."

"Oh com'on bro. Cheer up. We came here to get a keepsake for Mom and dad's anniversary, not so you could get a hint on how to talk to your 'girlfriend'." The seventeen year old said to her fifteen year old brother. She pulled a familiar tape measure off of her belt.

"Hey, Meaghan is just a friend, who happens to be a girl. Wait a minute, why? what have you heard?" Ran was asking as his sister snapped the tape measure closed and they disappeared.