poems and pieces

kinda offhand but. little things, little imagines, little feelings, little writing tidbits that aren't really full oneshots. enjoy!

requested by me. and written for my friends. and a special little ceremonial happening.

~~
there was a curious light to it, really. it was dark and your eyes were closed, but how come it was still so light? maybe it was the way that those velvet gloves felt, tracing your cheek so softly. but that's so odd, you thought, how can that itself be light? it's just a feeling. but was it really just a feeling, when there was another gloved hand stroking your hair? so careful and tender, treating you kindly, like something worth protecting? you sighed just a little, you smiled softly, and there was a kiss on your forehead. something so sweet, and something so light. you opened your eyes, but just barely. he was smiling down at you and it felt like a dream. were you awake? maybe not. he lifted your chin up to stare into his eyes. you were lost, but you were found at the same time. in his eyes there was a light, especially when he pulled you closer to kiss you so tenderly. there was a light, but your eyes were not open. what a curious light.
~~
what if you woke up and the first thing you heard was a heartbeat. soft, warm, muffled, under your ear. the slight rise and fall of sleepy breaths. there's an arm draped over you, clinging to you like there's no tomorrow. there's a face buried in your hair, murmuring softly when you give a little hug. there's golden light streaming through the window, and everything feels so soft, but not nearly as soft as the one who was holding you. you're warm, you're safe, and you're deciding that you'll wait just a bit longer to get out of bed.
~
there are butterflies in your tummy! and they're dancing to an invisible song, like there's no tomorrow. you cannot hear it when the music swells but you can feel it when your feelings detach just the slightest. the butterflies are a crescendo when he tilts up your chin to his. there's a joy there when your lips slightly part and, oops, now you're being kissed. and the butterflies are dancing with abandon. tomorrow is unpredictable and today is forever.
~
i feel like a food critic judge on a cooking show, like my brain is just matter-of-factly coming up with random stuff like "indeed. there's a light scent of cologne and the slightest hint of maple syrup, it already feels like home. and it's very warm once it reaches your lips and there's the faintest taste of marshmallows which is such a nice touch. overall it's very warm, genuine, tender feeling and it's a 10/10"
~
i feel like he'd smell like some expensive cologne to try and make himself feel important, but he's got this nice syrupy sweet undertone that you can faintly smell if you get close enough. and no matter how confident and hot and important he's trying to feel, he's still a dork. he hums and sings to himself in the hallways. he made his own fancy suit and he's so so proud of it. he smiles to himself and it's so precious. i just need to tell him that he doesn't need the biggest, the best, or the richest in order to be worthy of love. he's precious and so, so worth it.
~

these are some of my thoughts thank you
it's not a oneshot per se but I hope you don't mind