Flowers and Kisses

The cool, winter breeze gently blew through the town. The once lush and green trees trembled and shook beneath the force of the wind. They had died a long time ago, but the soft kiss of spring would surely get them feeling better in no time. Kisses always made everything better.

Palette Roller loved the winter time. Whether it be making snowmen, getting into snowball fights with his friends, or just sitting by the fire and cuddling up with a warm beverage with his lover. The chill of the fresh air gently nipped at the tip of his pale nose. He was currently on the way to the flower shop. Brown, paint-splattered boots gently sinking into the already treaded in powder with each step.

Gloved hands were shoved into his white, equally paint-stained winter coat. Palette loved to paint, it was obvious. He didn't care if his clothes were covered in paint either. It made him happy. Dainty snowflakes drifted down, hitting the ground or the people walking by. Sometimes Palette himself.

His green-yellow messy hair was practically covered in snow by the time he stepped into the shop. Even though it was winter, Asgore always had his ways of keeping his flowers alive. He stomped his boots onto the carpet beneath his feet, some snowflakes drifting from his coat and hair and onto the soft flooring below.

A man had walked out from the back. His large frame may make him look intimidating, but he was the biggest sweetheart. A small smile danced across his lips at the sight of the boy. "Hello, Palette! What can I do for you on this fine winter's day?" he asked, his deep and gravelly voice filled with nothing but cheer and that same honey-like sweetness.

Palette had walked over to the counter, leaning against the wooden body slightly. "Well- I'm looking for some flowers for Goth! Do you have any purple lilacs in stock?" he asked, a grin appearing on his face. Palette was a cheery fellow. Asgore tapped his golden bearded chin with a large hand in thought. "Hm.. I'm sure I have some in the back."

And with that, the large male had walked behind a red curtain and into the back of the shop. Palette rolled on his heels, humming softly as he waited for Asgore's return. He hoped those flowers were in stock. His Goth only deserved the best.

Asgore had walked back out, a hand holding a small bouquet of purple lilacs. "I didn't have many, so I hope the size is to your liking.." he brought a hand up, rubbing the back of his neck with a small smile. Palette would nod, "Perfect! Plus, the size of the bouquet doesn't matter, I'm sure Goth would love them anyways!" his lemon lime eyes sparkled with excitement as Asgore would chuckle. It surprised the larger man that they didn't sparkle as brightly all the time, seeing as Palette's irises were shaped like stars.

"I remember being young and in love.. ah, the good old days." he said, scanning the flowers and handing them to Palette. He rummaged through his pocket and handed him a dollar extra than what they should've been. "Keep the change, thank you Mr. Asgore!" Palette chipped happily, making his way out of the store.

Asgore gave him a wave. "I'll see you around!" he replied before letting out a small sigh. "How sweet.." he muttered with a smile before trudging his way upstairs once more.

-

Palette was practically skipping down the street, though he made sure not to trip and fall on any ice. That wouldn't be too good. He greeted the people passing with a smile, a wave, or simply both. With Christmas nearing, everyone was in a good mood and practically returned the gesture.

All of it made Palette happy.

Do you want to know what else made Palette happy? His boyfriend, Goth. The one he bought the flowers for. He found the shorter male to be just adorable. Whether that be from his shy and dainty frame and face, to the way he talked and acted.

Goth was a smart man, and Palette admired that. Surprisingly, the kid of Death was an absolute sweetheart. As shy as he was, Goth had a kind soul. That's what Palette liked most about him.

Eventually, he stopped at the beige coloured door of Goth's house. He held the small bouquet behind his back, practically bouncing on his heels as he knocked with his free hand. The door opened, revealing a messy haired and tired looking Goth.

His cardigan was slipping off his shoulder, the white shirt he was wearing barely hugging his body. He also sported some red flannel pajama pants that looked a little too big, but the tieable waistband made them stay in place. Palette grinned happily. "Hey Goth!" he pipped, using his free arm to pull his tired lover into a hug.

"Ah- hey Palette.. I didn't expect to see you today-" he gave a small, shy smile as he hugged back. Palette would only giggle. "Always expect the unexpected!" which would only lead to Palette giggling even more. Goth rolled his eye, which looked.. kind of strange, since the other had been covered by a white eyepatch.

Of course, neither of them minded. Especially Palette. He loved every little thing about Goth! From his cute, shy voice, to his adorable little face and dainty body. He absolutely adored him.

"Can I come in? I'm freezing my butt off out here!" Goth nodded and stepped out of the way, allowing Palette to enter his warm abode. He had the fireplace going and everything. Goth noticed that Palette had an arm behind his back. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Palette.. do you have something behind your back?" he asked.

Palette would only grin, further confirming his suspicions. His arm had moved out from behind his back, revealing the small bouquet of lilacs. Goth let out a small gasp, covering his mouth with his hands. "Asgore didn't have a lot in stock, but a little is better than none!" Palette preferred to look on the bright side of things. It was who he was, after all.

Reaching forward, Goth gently grabbed the bouquet and pulled it close to his chest, staring down at the beautifully grown flowers. "Palette I.. thank you so much-" he looked back up at the taller boy, a smile on his lips. "Of course! Anything for my Goth!" that caused heat to shoot straight up to Goth's pale cheeks. He quickly turned and went into the kitchen, grabbing a spare vase and placing the flowers inside, filling it with water.

He placed it on the wooden dining room table.

Goth walked out, seeing Palette had stripped himself of his jacket and boots, now left in a grey shirt and pants. He walked over to the couch, sitting down. "Do you.. mind if we sit and cuddle by the fire together?" Palette asked, looking up at him from the couch. Goth quickly nodded. "O-Of course!" he stuttered on his words a little, which was normal for him when embarrassed.

Goth walked over as he sat down, grabbing a blanket off the couch and wrapping it around their shoulders. Palette smiled, snaking his arm around Goth's small waist and holding him close. He gently planted a kiss into his messy white hair, a small giggle escaping his own lips. Goth loved everything about Palette, too. From his cute giggles, to his go and get 'em attitude.

The two cuddled on the couch, the fire gently crackling as it sent a warmth throughout the living room, keeping them wrapped in its embrace through the cold winter's day.

Goth didn't like winters until Palette had come along.

- - - - - - - - -

A/N

Wow.. that was my first Poth story in- actual years! As you probably read in the story summary, I've moved fandoms and writing platforms. I just wanted to write a one-shot for nostalgia purposes and show how much I've improved.

This was actually pretty fun! Despite saying this would be my last one, I might write more in the future, who knows..

Anyways, I won't keep you here for too long, and I really hope you enjoyed!

-Trashbag

Word count: 1300