Chapter 9

After that day Hadrian started keeping close eye on two lions. Draco had informed him that the Irish born boy is from Celtic-magical line and has vast knowledge of old magic and runes. Moreover the boy has quite affinity for Muggle subject for Chemistry. He has made some Chemicals that actually strengthen/weaken potions capabilities. For Longbottom, aside from his core powers, Hadrian knew how old Warrior line Longbottom is. How his house alignment can change equations just like His own house of Potter in factions. He constantly got reports from his two snakes about Progress.

On their first day of flying lessons, Slytherins reached field first as usual. As Gryffindors came and settled, Instructor gave some basic introduction about brooms and game of Quiditch.

She said: "Stick your right hand and say up"
Each students tried and got different result. Hadrian got hold of broom within seconds. Few other slytherins also got their brooms in hand. Hadrian told Draco to help slytherins which were struggling. In some time all slytherins had broom in their hands. Granger's broom didn't even move from ground. Weasley was also struggling along with Brown. Finnegan, Patil and Thomas were doing better than others. Hadrian looked towards Nott in warning glare when he noticed Neville's struggle. Nott ran towards Neville and instructed "Broom can feel your fear, be confident to command".
Neville nodded and said: "UP"
It actually worked and Neville got Broom in hand. This caused weasley to get more jealous and frustrated and he shouted: "Fucking thing i said UP". And broom hit his reproductive organs quite harshly and he shouted in pain. To slytherins surprise even some of Gryffindors laughed along with them at poor Weasley.
Instructor came to field and said: "class dismissed, Gryffindor take Mr. Weasley to infirmary."

When all started leaving ground, Hadrian approached Neville and whispered: "During our Hogsmade village trip this Weekend, skip Gryffindors and find Nott. He will bring you to me"
Avoiding glares from other Gryffindors Hadrian just left, leaving shocked and confused.
Hermione: "What did he say?"
Neville: "Nothing."
With that Neville ran to his dorm. Hermione started thinking about this reaction and decided to keep close eye on Neville.

Whole week Neville thought about what to do, he even asked Nott about it but didn't get any satisfactory answer. He thought Gryffindors always peeks on him and if he gets on odd with Hadrian then Slytherins will start targeting him too. That's last thing he want so he decided to do as Hadrian asked.

During Hogsmade visit he skipped his housemates and reached to Nott. Nott lead him to Hadrian in secluded spot where no one can find/hear them. Neville hesitantly and fearfully kept following without question.
Hadrian: "I am surprised that you came without any questions."
Neville just nodded.
Hadrian continue: "I know you may be thinking why you are getting help from one of my snakes, well the fact is I find you interesting"
Nevile with shocked expression: "me interesting. Why?"
Hadrian: "We are not so different you know, you and me, You have potential to be powerful warrior, but only if you believe in yourself not in what others say for example I believe this is not yours."
Neville looked his wand: "It was my Dad's"
"So is it necessary that you have to use it? Just because other thinks it's trophy of your father's work."
"It's easy to say. You don't have anyone who expects much from you, but me. I spent my childhood thinking I am squib as my Great uncle decided to use me as punching bag and throw me from first floor to show proof of his theory. Even in pain I only got fucking toad to be with, no one else. It's like no one sees me in my family."
"Sounds like that angers you"
"It does"
"So do you want to show them who you really are"
"I do"
"Whatever the cost"
"yes"
Hadrian grinned thinking it's easier than he thought to achieve his Dark Lion.
Hadrian asked: "So if that's what you want to be than why hide yourself behind the facade of clumsy timid squib? You are Neville Longbottom, from noble and brave warrior bloodline. You're gryffindor who has opportunity to roar and bare fangs like no one else could. Why hide"
Neville:"I guess I understand. But if I am what you are saying I am than why you send Nott to help me? And what exactly do you want from me?"
"I want to help you. No one should doubt level of your power my friend. It's just matter of releasing it and if you join me, I promise you will know power"
"But .. people will think me as traitor if I join you"
"Let them. Isn't that actually problem here? I don't care what people think about me. If people has problem with me then they're turning themselves in my target practice."

Neville seemed to get lured in whatever Hadrian was saying. Hadrian never insulted him like everyone. Instead he is the first person who offered to help him. Even none of the Slytherin's teased him like his Gryffindor friends and dorm mates. Neville ones asked Nott why he is helping him and he just said he is following his orders. Neville had heard rumors of Slytherin King, the most powerful and highest ranked wizard of Slytherin house. Also the fact that anyone can throw his whole fortune to be on Hadrian's good side and here Hadrian is asking him to join. He even said him friend.

Hadrian noticed Neville is reaching towards conclusion: "So Neville what you say? Do you want to keep hiding as timid cub or you want take your rightful place as Alpha of Pride and Warrior by my side"
Neville thought 'it's high time to stop being squib and become what he is meant to be. And for that if he needs to sell his soul to devil, then so be it.'
Neville smirked looking Granger is approaching them: "May I show you my answer?"
"Of course"

Granger took Neville's arm but Neville pulled it away. Granger with annoyed huff: "I knew it. He was behind your disappearance."
Neville Growled: "Don't you dare lay your hand on me, Granger. People like you aren't worthy to stand with me"
Hermione shocked: "Neville..."
Then she gave cold glare to Hadrian: " What have you done to him"
Before Hadrian respond Neville said: "Opened my eyes"
Then Neville dropped to one knee and bowed his head before Hadrian: "Thank you for freeing me from myself, I, Neville Franklin Longbottom, pledge myself to your service and teachings, my King."
Hadrian with smile: "You won't regret this. Theo take him to Ollivander."
Then Hadrian smirk towards Hermione showing victory and left. Theo took Neville to wand shop and Neville got his new wand. As soon as he touched it he felt how truthful Hadrian's words were.

In the slytherin common room there were laughs about Granger's face when King's knight revealed his true self and celebration for their King's win over Lions.