Who Is Kurd?

The Kurds or Kurds are people living in western Asia and the north of the Middle East, along the Zagros Mountains in the region which the Kurds call Kurdistan, which today are parts of northeastern Iraq, northwestern Iran, northeastern Syria and southeastern Turkey.
Their origins are Aryan, or Indo-European, and are descended from the Medi tribes who settled in part of ancient Persia and founded a large empire in the seventh century BC.
They are a people without a state, and geography wants that their cooperation and puts them in an almost endless impasse, and condemned them to live in four major countries: Iran, Turkey, Iraq and Syria.
Some describe them as the largest minority in the world, and their number now ranges between 30 and 35 million people. The largest part of them lives in Turkey by about 13 million people, they make up 20%, in Iran 6 million people make up 7%, and in Iraq about five million people, or 15% of  Population, and in Syria, two million people constitute 8% of the population, and there are fewer Kurds living in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Lebanon and Jordan, in addition to the presence of some of them in many European countries, especially Germany.
The Kurds speak the Kurdish language, which belongs to the branch of Iranian languages, in addition to the second languages, according to their areas of presence such as Arabic in Syria and Iraq, Turkish and Iranian, and there are 4 dialects in the Kurdish language are northern and southern Karmangi, Lori and Zazk.
The isolated mountainous geography, which is far from any seaports, facilitated the Kurds to preserve their language in its various dialects, as well as their customs, traditions and community organization in an area of ​​about half a million square kilometers.
The majority of Kurds are Sunni Muslims, a few are Shiites, and most Kurdish parties are secular.
The four major countries in which the Kurds are located, you see them all the time threatening their unity, because of their permanent dream in the independent state of Kurdistan, and despite the permanent differences between these four countries, over interests, influence and domination, they only agree on one thing, which is to prevent the establishment of a united Kurdistan.
Like all other nations, the Kurds have many myths, including a legend that says that one of the kings of Persia suffered a terminal illness, and he was told that the path of healing and wellness passes through eating the brains of two young boys, and when he was responsible for bringing a plate of brains and heads on something from  Compassion and affection, as he cut off the head of a boy and released the second and fled to the mountains, and from the masses of these fleeing boys, the Kurdish people grew up.
This myth, as the Arab writer and media writer Tawfiq Shoman says, is reported by many who wrote about Kurdish history, including the prince and Sheikh of the Kurdish historians Sharaf Khan Shams al-Din al-Badalisi in his book Sharaf Naameh, as well as the Iraqi Kurdish minister and historian Allama Muhammed Amin Zaki in his famous book “The Summary of the History of the Kurds and Kurdistan”  And there is another legend that Al-Masoudi talks about in his encyclopedia known as Mourouj Al-Thahab, and its content is that the genera of the jinn kidnapped my neighborhood of the Prophet Solomon, and took them to the mountains and married them, so those neighborhoods gave birth to human beings of people of distress and hardship, they are the Kurds who lived in the mountains, and their title became the children of the jinn.  , Which is the title of a book popular in Kurdish circles developed by American researcher Margaret Kahn in the year 1976.
It is through these myths that the old saying arose: There are no Kurdish friends except the mountains.
There are other myths among the Kurds regarding their role in the major global human civilizations. Kawa the Kurd, as they say, is himself the Dammus of the Sumerian, Tamouz the Babylonian, Osiris the Pharaoh and Adonis Phenic.
It is from these myths that the Kurds also say that among their greats: Nefertiti the Queen of Egypt, and the king of the Kurdish media, Khekhsro 658605 BC who pushed Nebubulasr, the father of Nebo, took a victory to eliminate the Assyrian Empire.  Al-Faqih Ibn Taymiyyah, the Sheikh of the Sufi tariq al-Jilaniyya Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani, and the pillars of Arab music Ibrahim, Ishaq al-Mawsili and Zeriab.
And the sure thing is that the leader Salah al-Din al-Ayyubi is a Kurd according to descent and descent, and the Kurds also say that the modern Syrian revolutionary Ibrahim Hanano 1869-1945 is of Kurdish origin, and that a group of the pioneers of the Egyptian Renaissance at the beginning of the twentieth century are Kurds with origins and roots, according to their say such as: Prince of poets Ahmed Shawky and Adiban  Abbas Mahmoud Al-Akkad, Mahmoud Taymour, and Qasim Amin, as well as Sheikh Muhammad Abdo and the well-known reciter Sheikh Abdul Basit Abdul Samad, and from Iraq, the writers and thinkers are known as Al-Rusafi, Jamil Sadqi Al-Zahawi and others.
From the world of myths, we return to reality, and we say that God was helping the Kurdish people in Syria as he faced the last Turkish aggression.

Next :
The short story about kurd.. 👇👇👇👇
Hope everyone injoying