𝐨𝐨. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

»»————-————-««

The grey sea and the long black land;

And the yellow half-moon large and low;

And the startled little waves that leap

In fiery ringlets from their sleep,

As I gain the cove with pushing prow,

And quench its speed i' the slushy sand.

Then a mile of warm sea-scented beach;

Three fields to cross till a farm appears;

A tap at the pane, the quick sharp scratch

And blue spurt of a lighted match,

And a voice less loud, thro' its joys and fears,

Than the two hearts beating each to each!

- Robert Browning

»»————-————-««

Taylor Swift- Invisible String

And isn't it just so pretty to think

All along there was some

Invisible string

Tying you to me?

Vance Joy- Georgia

And I could easily lose my mind

The way you kiss me will work each time

Pulling me back into the flames

And I'm burning up again, I'm burning up

Christina Perri- the lonely

Too afraid, to go inside

For the pain of one more loveless night

For the loneliness will stay with me

And hold me till I fall asleep

Christina Perri- Trust

I knew better than

 To trust myself

To trust someone else

To trust the lies that slip from my mouth

Trust the heart I'm so quick to sell

Hozier- Sunlight

I had been lost to you, sunlight

Flew like a moth to you, sunlight oh sunlight

Oh, your love is sunlight

Oh, your love is sunlight (sunlight, sunlight)

But it is sunlight

»»————-————-««

THE EBONY-HAIRED GIRL WALKED DOWN THE STREET, twinkling stars hanging in the sky above her. She kicked at the pebbles beneath her feet, sighing heavily as she did so. She had hoped Philadelphia, Pennslyvania would hold a new future for her and her blond major with a southern drawl. Never in a million years did she think she would've seen his red line change its course from her to a small pixie-like girl named Alice. 

She knew immediately things wouldn't be the same after Alice joined them. She knew the conflicted look in Jasper's eyes. She knew her time with Jasper was at its end. She cursed herself for thinking it would last, for thinking Jasper would choose her over his destined partner.

 In some other universe, she thought, maybe, but she wasn't in another universe. She was stuck here where Jasper and Alice belonged together, and she decidedly didn't belong anywhere. Maybe she would find her person, or maybe she would never follow the red line in front of her that led her to where her heart wanted to go. 

Maybe she would live her endless life alone, not letting her heart get too attached. This couldn't happen again, this aching heartbreak. She couldn't blame Jasper, she knew he felt horrible for doing it to her, but she knew he would be happier with the seer. But she would be lying if she said she didn't hate his guts. And Alice brought only feelings of bitterness. 

She hated the feeling of being the third wheel, she felt this way with Peter and Charlotte, but at least she had Jasper then. Now, she was alone, very alone as she walked the cold streets of Philadelphia. She tried to process her myriad of feelings while she walked, stuck on a loop of the horrible cards she had been dealt. 

She was ready to bolt, get the hell out of dodge, and leave it all behind. Starting over was what she needed and as soon as she was out of town she would run as far as her legs could take her 'till the sun went up. She would rest in a town nearby and ignore the red line in front of her for as long as possible. Whether it was a person or a place on the other end, she didn't care. She wasn't going to put herself in another compromising situation all because of some inherited immortal power.

She needed a new set of rules to live by, ones she would never break for her own well-being. From now on, she would live her life delicately. Never getting too close or comfortable. She would be light on her feet, ready to leave at a moment's notice, not planting any roots. Her human side would remain intact as well as her morals. But she would never get too attached. Not again. Not after watching Jasper slowly fall out of love with her, after becoming a third wheel in her own relationship.

These rules were serious and needed to be followed. For her own good, she told herself. And she continued walking, her red line stretching as it reached for Jasper, the southern vampire off making a new life with someone who was the opposite of her. Making the life she was supposed to have.

»»————-————-««

in which the protagonist is a human-vampire hybrid with the ability to see what someone's heart wants most.