Prologue

The universe allows each and every one of the 7 billion people on Earth to have a second chance.  

Second chances act as hidden guardian angels, aiding everyone in a time of need in order to achieve the ultimate happiness by giving each individual a clean slate.  These chances can free people from their inner demons such as addictions and criminal attributes or even allow for the repair of damaged relationships.

I may not have committed any crimes or been addicted to drugs or alcohol, but I needed a second chance.

My life was controlled and manipulated by my parents, causing me to feel as though I was trapped in a cage with no way out.  I watched as the world around me progressed and changed, as my life was horrifically stagnant.  My finance and my best friend crippled my being by hurting me more times than I could count, leaving me with scars that will never fully heal.  Both toxic relationships were filled with lies and deceit, pushing me further away from my aspirations in life and crushing any prior thoughts I had about life and relationships.  

All I was left with from the rubble was broken pieces with sharp jagged edges of my former self that needed more mending and attention that I could handle by myself.

 The universe watched and waited, until it decided that it was time for my angel to walk into my life, ready to take on the challenge to pick up the battered shards and to guide me through the process of recovery.  It would take time and patience, but in the end my soul would strengthen and I would finally learn the concept of self-respect and what love really is.

My name is Roxanne Winslet and this is the story of my second chance.

I'm so excited for this you have no idea.  This is an awesome way to kick off the new year!

Let me know your thoughts in the comments and what you guys would like to see happen in this story <3